PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Dynamic difficulty for all servers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Dynamic difficulty for all servers Empty
PostSubject: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-07-24, 19:34

I've modified the z_diff and votemanager2 plugins so that they have more flexibility.
Also the difficulty is checked multiple times before it is changed.
This should prevent increasing when someone joins and leaves quickly again.

I'm planning to install dynamic difficulty on all servers with the following setting:
"Easy" is disabled (preventing "Easy" should work now even if a lobby has locked the difficulty on L4D)
0-5 Players (at least "Normal" diffciculty)
6-10 Players (at least "Hard" difficulty)
"Expert" will not be enforced anymore.
Any higher difficulty can be voted as always e.g. you can play on "Expert" with 2 players.

I've installed these settings on alServ2018 for testing.
So the difficulty on alServ2018 should switch to at least "Normal" for 0-5 players and to at least "Hard" for 6-10 players.
Also the votemanager2 should block votes for lower difficulties.

So what do you think about that idea?
Would be nice if you all could test on alServ2018 to see if it behaves as described.

Update:
Because I saw 7 player on 19 playing on "Easy" I've installed it on all servers now.

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2014-07-24, 23:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-07-24, 20:26

alBert2000 wrote:
I've modified the z_diff and votemanager2 plugins so that they have more flexibility.

I'm planning to install dynamic difficulty on all servers with the following setting:
"Easy" is disabled (preventing "Easy" should work now even if a lobby has locked the difficulty on L4D)
Any higher difficulty can be voted as always e.g. you can play on "Expert" with 2 players.

So the difficulty on alServ2018 should switch to at least "Normal" for 0-5 players and to at least "Hard" for 6-10 players.

Would be nice if you all could test on alServ2018 to see if it behaves as described.

This is good news for me).
I saw that on alServ2019 there were 7-10 players and they were playing on EASY.
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-07-25, 08:14

TaRoN wrote:
alBert2000 wrote:

This is good news for me).
I saw that on alServ2019 there were 7-10 players and they were playing on EASY.

This is a very useful feature which will come in handy in the upcoming times. Wink  I was very disappointed and also shocked too when there were more than 8 players on the 19 server and they all played on "Easy" Shocked affraid   difficulty which I found ridicolous and too easy for me so I voted for "Hard" difficulty first  but they denied it so next time I've tried the "Normal" but the "NO" votes were still overwhelming the "Yes" ones.Crying or Very sad  So  this dynamic difficulty is the best choice and it's great to hear that it doesn't force us to "Expert". Cool  Because let's face it , if a new map starts and everyone has 0 points then at Expert everyone will be doomed because it will be so hard.
Do not make a mistake. I love expert. It's great and challenging. But that difficulty is a good choice only if there are lots of experienced ,skilled players.
BTW great job albert. Now the servers will be challenging. Thank you  very much for your hard effort. We really appreciate it .  cheers
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-07-25, 11:36

alBert2000 wrote:

Update:
Because I saw 7 player on 19 playing on "Easy" I've installed it on all servers now.

Good idea. But you should have do this earlier. Anyway i'm glad that we don't have to play expert after 8 players (or 9, not sure) on 27018. But, i think 27019 should stay the same with the only change to be the "easy" disabled. Keep the voting system there. Although you can add custom tanks on 27018 and remove the two original.
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-07-27, 04:24

Bad idea! Dont touch 27019! Bring back manual vote!!! There are 27018, let will there constantly expert. I go to 19 to play and relax but not for compare how big eggs on expert!

And not only me have this opinion!!!
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-08-22, 02:41

Well. I saw that on: 22/8/2014 @ 4:41 am local time. In deutschland was 3:41.

Dynamic difficulty for all servers <a href=Dynamic difficulty for all servers Forum11" />
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-08-22, 09:10

But not for long I hope.
I cannot prevent lobbies to join with any difficulty.
But the difficulty is changed automatically after some delay when the map is started.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-08-22, 11:39

alBert2000 wrote:
But not for long I hope.
I cannot prevent lobbies to join with any difficulty.
But the difficulty is changed automatically after some delay when the map is started.

Yes, as i can remember they actually play for about half an hour. Maybe when the difficulty changed to normal they left.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-08-22, 14:46

Currently it should take at most 2 minutes until the difficulty is changed.
I checked the log file and I see a difficulty change at "08/22/2014 - 03:34:18"
Is your screenshot really exactly from 03:41?
Your forum post is from 03:41 too.

If your screenshot is made before about 03:34:18 everything should be fine.
But if the screenshot is made after about 03:34:18 then the z_diff plugin may still have a problem switching the difficulty.

Would be nice if you could find the exact time of the screenshot.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime2014-08-22, 19:34

Unfortunately after the post i remove the file from my HDD and my Steam screenshot librarry so i can't find more info. And yes maybe took me more time as i expected time to make the post. You have the log file wich is more acurate than me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamic difficulty for all servers   Dynamic difficulty for all servers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamic difficulty for all servers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1