PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Some intresting Custom Campains.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

Some intresting Custom Campains. Empty
PostSubject: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2014-12-02, 14:00

1) DownTown Dine: DEAD END (the lost Maps): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) Devil Mountain: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: Both of them are still in beta.

--> Update List 7/12/2014 (i haven't try those):

Absolute Zero || Version: 0.9  (Beta): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nestor on 2014-12-11, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2014-12-09, 13:09

Hello,

The campaigns look nice to me. Since you have tracked their evolution and if your time allows you to play, try and test them on your local PC.

I don`t think you need to play them on advanced or expert, just play all the levels on each campaign and see if they load properly and of course you can finish each stage.

When Albert will drop by here, he will have some advantage on what maps to put on the servers.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2014-12-11, 19:48

Thanks for the campaigns.

You know that "Dniepr" and "Bloody Moors" is already installed for quite some time (over 1 year)
See here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I'll have a look at the others when there is some time.
I'm quite busy atm.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2014-12-11, 19:54

Oops... ok i remove them from the original post. xD
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-10-23, 20:15

Nestor wrote:
1) DownTown Dine: DEAD END (the lost Maps): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) Devil Mountain: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would be interested in reconsidering these two campaigns mentioned above, since both of them look gorgeous, plus a few others:

Last Summer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Created by the author of Escape from Valencia

Energy Crisis: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Created by the author of Blackout Basement, seems to be one of the most well-reviewed custom campaigns I've seen.

2019 II: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sequel campaign, worth considering because of how popular 2019 is on the server (and how terrible its ending is). The only downside to this is the size of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-10-24, 20:39

Thanks for proposing new campaigns.
But each will have to be checked very carefully in order to keep the overall stability.

Energy Crisis for example has a warning on the main page:
"This is a beta campaign with addons that override game files. Use other addons with caution."

So it could cause problems (on server and on client).
This kind of campaign could even be the reason that other campaigns like "Bloody Moors" or "Day Break" crash the clients.

Also the user comments on GameMaps could reveal potential problems with campaigns.

All in all I like custom campaigns (105 are installed) and we spent a lot of effort to test and tweak as far as possible to get them running smoothly.

So I'll start reading and checking the maps you have suggested as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-10-29, 20:11

I tried a couple of the campaigns I mentioned locally. Playing locally reminds me how outdated and clunky the base game feels without any server mods though.

Forget that I mentioned 2019 II. It's a nonsensical disaster of a campaign and the custom animations (if you can call them that) are terrible. 2019 obviously didn't have a story, so for some reason, 2019 II was treated more like a bag of rejected ideas from Half-Life 2. The campaign tries to tell a story through its cutscenes, but I'm still not sure what it was in the first place. Some of the campaign's concepts like multiple endings were interesting even though they don't belong in this kind of game, but the overall execution and polish was bad.

I also played a small part of Devil Mountain. It seemed like a pretty well executed campaign so far and it would probably be one of the better candidates for a new campaign on the servers.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-10-30, 00:39

Ok.
Thanks for the info about the campaigns.
I hope I'll have some time tomorrow (Sunday) to take a look.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-10-31, 16:02

Hello,

One player ask me can you put Resident evil 1 in gungamemod

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ty !
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-02, 20:56

I've installed Devil Mountain on 18 for testing.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-03, 22:58

How it called? I didnt find in votemap menu "Devil Mountain"
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 01:06

Kotory wrote:

Yes entry has not been add to votemap menu

You can open the game console and send this command callvote changemission DevilMountain

See ya
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 02:01

I played through Devil Mountain on the server and it was one of the best campaigns I've played. The aesthetic design was excellent. There were lots of different paths to explore, but the visual cues of the environment made it clear where to go without easily getting lost and without relying heavily on orange spray paint arrows. The changes in environment were realistic and logical despite visiting many different environments. The difficulty was average, which is to say it's on par with the official Valve campaigns.

No gameplay issues, navigation issues, or crashes to report. I think it's definitely a keeper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 16:24

well said, charm! the design is in essence surprisely good! the passage is very realistic thanks to the different paths. all areas, but much more those who envision residential areas, picnic, including cycling trail, were made with knowledge and passion for rural and urban architecture. the creator even could have been inspired by something real. so far away Hard Rain donut remember a campaign in which the environment change in the same map: a cloudy sky becomes completely dark and the rain turns rough, although without becoming torrential or spasmodic. this raise up the crusade. not counting with breaks, paralysis or errors to which we are used to suffer during the tours makes this perfect, entertaining and fun campaign. short but amazing. one of the best. well done snake, what a pleasing discovery!
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 18:45

Killogy wrote:
Kotory wrote:

You can open the game console and send this command callvote changemission DevilMountain

See ya
Should be added to the votemap menu now.

And due to the good review comments here I've added the campaign to the servers 16/17/19/21 too.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 18:58

alBert2000 wrote:
Killogy wrote:
Kotory wrote:

See ya
Should be added to the votemap menu now.

And due to the good review comments here I've added the campaign to the servers 16/17/19/21 too.
Tried it recently.
Awesome campaign. a little bit too short for my taste, but very well made and detailed
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 19:06

i hope u will add soon in realism and Gungame!
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-04, 19:07

myljach wrote:
i hope u will add soon in realism and Gungame!
Devil Mountain campaign is now added to servers 16/17/18/19/21
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-05, 10:11

myljach wrote:
Hello,

One player ask me can you put Resident evil 1 in gungamemod

Ty !
I've added "Resident Evil 1" to GunGame server alServ2021 now.
It is untested so far.
This campaign was problematic in the past because of many custom things in it.
Maybe this newer version will work.
So let's test it on GunGame first.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-05, 11:51

ok, thanks!

I will test it today!
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-06, 01:58

myljach wrote:
ok, thanks!

I will test it today!

Map tested with 6 players, and is fantastic!

Only bug is - cant use katana, player who take katana cant use it, and carry big ERROR sign in back of survivor model, but this is not big deal.

Map got 6 levels, with lot of puzzles, an if u dont know them, may got headache. Totally different game style, focused on puzzle and finding items, i r8 8/8

Ty for adding map, Albert!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-11, 15:36

Helloo, I also liked the idea of testing some new campaigns to recommend...

I began with Death Mountain because apart of being linked to an infancy game the sights are amazing, beautifully elaborated. Gives the sensation of playing something luxurious. However, playing in single locally leaves me confused, with mismatched feelings. I don´t have them well located yet so the next thing is what I felt:

Even for me, that I adore Ocarina of Time, the campaign could be considered the contrary of fast food: healthy food. You know, like vegetables, are consistent for good body stability, put you in good shape, but isn´t atractive as fast food, which is more tasty and repeatable. In fact, the custom can be even a little bitter for my taste, like too much cocoa or or too much liqueur mixed with orange juice. Or like preferring to listen Rock music or Pop than symphonic orchestras for too long. Probably is because I prefer realistic enviroments, some of those with dismal influences, not colorful fantasies like this, to kill zombies. I´m being subjective, strict and eccentric, I know. Maybe for others would be very playable.
I just tested the first 3 maps ´cause I want to try again the whole thing but with people around in multiplayer. The new experience to get will dictate something much different, I believe.
For now, about advantages and disatvantages, I only can say the creation honors the original game, you start off from a peaceful place to end inside a caotic inferno with traps, peculiar oponents and the quest for keys to go to the next level. Playing in normal turn the hunt amusement than challenging. The easiness of not counting with the mods that this server contain makes climbing the mountain damn damn fluid and little long for the width that have us accustumed Zelda´s games. The music and the identical scenarious add the ride a sweet tearful nostalgia. Some creepy theme from dungeons in a dark short tunnel where without light you wouldn´t see literally a shit, gave me goosebumps and the alarming wait of suddenly see ReDeads few meters ahead. I bet if as soon as heard their groans my pee would came out and slipped through my pants. The Temple of Fire isn´t good for the stupid mobility of bots, as in certain cases, some campaigns were made to not be played alone. Until now, there have been a lot of items inside boxes, vases and small rocks so wouldn´t be hardly adjusted for a nice expert realism too.

So I will be back with another review once I test it with company. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 02:31

So finally I tested Death Mountain completely! Snakecharmed and I did it together! We didn´t invite people to join us because we wanted absolute privacy to be able to run freely nude and hand in hand without the slightest disturbance of all of you stalking our beautiful asses! ...Naah, no one else were available to play with us at that hour. Sad true  Crying or Very sad

Well, undoubtedly, the experience with a partner on board made the trip more enjoyable. I'm not used to enjoy the game alone too much. The ability of bots of make me kill them and get banned because they´re idiots is brutal!

We did the test randomly entering into some unknown server with certain modes that reduced to normal the difficulty of playing in advanced. Yet, the map has its own and the modes didn´t guarantee an easy survival.

I did a compilation of the best moments in which can be appreciated such characteristics that in fact didn´t like me, as returning to life 10 seconds after dying, multiple hits with accelerated melees that make you see insane, automatic wolverine regeneration or double jumps that even can make you fly 6 meters forward. I already use mouse´s wheel to jump so I tend to slip it over the bill... That gave me several problems that you could notice once the video be watched for ya.

Seems to be free of bugs unless make bots suicidal and not counting with witches can be taked as two... This could give me back the hope of being able to buy cheap witches again?  Very Happy
No errors appeared except for ONE that hopefully is related to the server: The Megaton Hammer, totally necessary to open secret doors, were dropped and we couldn´t take it back so we committed suicide to start clean and don´t drop it again. I readed a comment in l4dmaps where someone is complaining about some similarity but just were said "pickup doesn't work"

The quality of the video is really depressing by the way. I can´t find the appropriate configuration of the edition programs I use to keep the high resolution. It sucks!

A map mostly enjoyable for those who enjoyed "Zelda: Ocarina of time", but equally impressionable for those who don´t know it.

The disadvantage is that there are obstacles and small dungeons that doesn´t need to be stepped on, tramps that can be easily avoided for those who are smart (not my case) and huge rolling stones that barely hurt.

A fight with a minor boss that precede the last battle with the dragon can become a bit boring since the crazy bastard does not die fast and worst thing is that the son of a #$%& repeats itself, like receiving twice in a day the visit of your mother-in-law. Bots can´t help ´cause don´t recognize the dancing scrotum with legs running around. And Volvagia (the dragon) seems to be made of cotton and can be anything he wants except intimidating, not to mention the insipid sound that causes the Megaton Hammer once hit anything, such as the armored head of the dragon, which must be whipped to kill it. The impact of a wet sponge on his face would be more thundering.

Even with such defects but taking in count the security that this server could make the adventure more challenging, Death Mountain could be considered for its addition... in case there isn´t something better.

Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-12-18, 16:36

Death Mountain could be one of the campaigns which will cause unpredictable problems even with other maps.
The map developer himself says:

"Note, disable
emove this addon if you plan to play other levels, Death Mountain will cause weird physics issues with propane\oxygen tanks and gnomes in other levels, if left enabled, this is due to how the VPK system works."

So I'm not sure if we should risk damaging other maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Some intresting Custom Campains   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime2016-12-18, 20:27

Yes, it is related to the vpk addons. Contains too much of it. I have seen little of that in Questionable Ethics or other campaigns but never so excessive. We all have seen that some addons disable certain functions, Tanks that become invisible, etc. But nothing monumental. As I didn´tt see raising any mistake, I thought there would be no problem. However, there is only one way to find out. Some other modded servers maybe they took their time to make it work correctly, but donut know through how much suffering xD Fortunately we are smart so we prefer to prevent complications if the time is not the right to take such risks. Better leave it for the moment in quarantine. The bomb is still not going to explode, the countdown provides us with a lot of time to continue ignoring which cable, red or blue, must be cut to prevent a huge disaster. Do not bother yourself, Albert. Thank you very much for your attention and your response. You are a provider of joy. I wish you a true-hearted happy end of year and that the 2017 become what we want it to be. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting Custom Campains.   Some intresting Custom Campains. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some intresting Custom Campains.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next