PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Money Money Money - Early Warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Money Money Money - Early Warning Empty
PostSubject: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-13, 09:27

Just want to inform all of you about the current situation:

Due to increased expenses on my side I'm looking for ways to save money.
Currently I'm paying 29,- € per month for the Linux Root server on which our servers are running on.
The servers were running now for about 2 and a half year.
With three months in between I paid 2x29,- € for the migration from one server to the new stronger server.
So in total I paid around 957,- € for the gaming server hosting hobby.

Like I said I'm looking for a way to keep that going without spending 29,- € per month all alone.

Currently I have 2 ideas:

- I could try to offer e.g. a PayPal donation button and hope that enough donations are made to be able to keep the Linux dedicated root server.

- I could try to find other guys who are running game serves currently somewhere else and offer them to host their game server on my root server for some certain amount of money each month (maybe 5,- Euro or so) Currently I have 3 guys in mind which I know who made or have some servers running. Kapeka, Externet/Timocop, Beasty. But I don't know what they are paying at the moment or if they just had their servers at home. Also we would have to shut down some of our servers because of limited RAM resources to be able to host other game servers.

Just want to inform our community as early as possible.

Do you have any other ideas on how to reduce the monthly server costs?

The current server itself is quite a good choice so I currently would not  want to migrate to a cheaper one (actually there is no powerful cheap one around it seems).
It is actually a "Linux Level 2" server (with just 4 GB RAM instead of 8 GB) but for the price of a "Linux Level 1" (29,- € instead of 39,- € per month).
See here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok.
Enough for now.
Keep shooting.

CU soon
Al
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-13, 22:27

There is at least 20-30 players who play here constantly. If even half from this amount of people will donate 2 euro - it will be enough.
I vote for donate button, for people who like this server it will be not big deal to donate a few dollars/euro

PS
And i think, should be some kind of warning system, or counter. Players should know if server has not enough money for next month, for example.
Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-14, 08:29

I'm really sad to hear about your financial problems. Hope you will get them sorted out. It's a tough world we're living in so it's understandable.
About the donation :
I would be happy to donate a few euro monthly in order to keep the servers alive. Sacrificing 2 or 3 euro from my account monthly isn't too much while I know I can help to keep these amazing servers alive.
But I would rather prefer a system which uses credit cards and back accounts instead of paypal cause I currently have zero euro on my Paypal account (and I guess most people have their money on their bank accounts instead on paypal ) , and it takes a few days to transfer money from my bank account to my Paypal one. Of course you don't have to take my opinion into account  , it's  just my few cents.  After all it's the majority which counts.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-14, 09:38

Just close the servers...

When a hobby becomes expensive we have to focus on our important priorities.

See ya.
Back to top Go down
oddis
Running dead
Running dead
oddis

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-14, 22:46

alBert2000 wrote:
Just want to inform all of you about the current situation:

l

Сan host the Tron server if it is not against.?.
Back to top Go down
oddis
Running dead
Running dead
oddis

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-14, 22:51

Nestor wrote:
Just close the servers...

When a hobby becomes expensive we have to focus on our important priorities.

See ya.

Nestor you a meanie? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-15, 11:35

Hmm i was thinking how long this hobby will go on. i can spend some € each month, but only a few peoples are not enugh.

I know Timocop personaly, so i can say he host only a v-server. and its quite high load.

We will see about that...
Back to top Go down
Nightmare
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-15, 14:33

Sad to hear that friend, my suggestions would beto take the second option
because sadly the majority of players that play in your servers friend are kids of 10-14, so probably only 2-4 persons will donate

There is other suggestions
*Servers per amount of players: 2022(always full at nights),2018,2021,2019,2020,2016,2017 in my point of view 2017 is no necessary
*I strongly suggest you to change 2017 realism into a 2023 versus, like i said 2022 is always full in the night, more players = more donors
*Consider the possibility of change the name of the server (2021 Gungamemod) to (2021 Rpg) would be good

Last edited by Nightmare on 2015-05-15, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-15, 17:36

Im sure we will able to collect some money for server. 30 euro is not huge number
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-15, 23:07

Nightmare wrote:
Sad to hear that friend, my suggestions would beto take the second option
because sadly the majority of players that play in your servers friend are -->>kids of 10-14...<<--

LMAO lol!

Sorry i couldn't resist... THAT'S NOT XBOX LIVE MATE!!!

EDIT: Ok... instead of me acting like a jerk most of the time i decided to give my two cents on how to reduce the costs.

Keep one coop server: 27018 or 27019.

Keep the versus one...

Keep one r0r on the original L4D.

Then close the other servers and rent a lower cost server. Maybe the linux level 1 can handle them.

So there is only 3 servers and they will be most of the time full. Is that better of having 10 servers almost empty most of the time?

That's all.

See ya.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-16, 17:33

Thinking about it two times why to not take both options? It would be nice to change a expense into an income
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-18, 16:33

Thanks for all your suggestions so far.
Keep posting if you have other ideas.

Like I said above I currently have the "Linux Level 2" server for the price of a "Linux Level 1".
That was a special offer to existing customers and it is a really good deal.
There is no cheaper bare metal server around.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-18, 17:28

alBert2000 wrote:
Thanks for all your suggestions so far.
Keep posting if you have other ideas.

Like I said above I currently have the "Linux Level 2" server for the price of a "Linux Level 1".
That was a special offer to existing customers and it is a really good deal.
There is no cheaper bare metal server around.
Make donation button as soon as possible. If we dont even reach 30 euro goal, we reduce your expenses for some amount. Anyway it will help, less or more
Back to top Go down
Sandeep
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-18, 18:17

Sad to know this. I would also suggest combination of both. I would like to donate a couple of euros sometimes (Might not regularly Razz as its not too less in India like it sounds, I can feed myself for 2-3 days in couple of euros Very Happy and only if bank transfer is available) Setting up PayPal here is a headache, as its under scrutiny of Reserve Bank of India. (India hehe Very Happy)

Nesters suggestion sounds very logical too. Reduce servers and rent spare one.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime2015-05-19, 21:32

I've created a donate button here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money Money Money - Early Warning   Money Money Money - Early Warning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Money Money Money - Early Warning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1