PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 18:01

All these custom map problems are strange somehow.
The server never crashes only the clients.
It seems that now the client is at it's limit.
Our plugins plus huge or complex custom maps crash the client.
The client seems to be poorly coded in this respect.
Maybe the client cannot handle a certain amount of objects or so.
With lowering effect detail it seems to work as Killogy mentioned.
When I find some time I'll try to investigate a little if I could do anything with the plugins.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-11-21, 21:26

alBert2000 wrote:

Maybe the client cannot handle a certain amount of objects or so.
With lowering effect detail it seems to work as Killogy mentioned.
Could be.
sometimes i'm getting "too many indices..." error as well, which is most likely due to large amount of addons.
Strange part is - i never experienced same problems before, although i had many addons for a long time
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-11-28, 01:54

I don´t know if server has an old version of Dead Street 16 campaign. I have version 13 and 16 and I can connect without problems, even if I delete DeadStreet13.vpk.

Anyway, map list shows [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dead Street 13 2.0 (Final) 2013-05-08 DeadStreet13.vpk

Latest version.

Dead Street 16 3.0 (Final) 2016-01-01 DeadSt16.vpk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See ya
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-12-14, 20:32

Update for Survival server:

custom map Helms deep reborn is not reachable to anyone, since version of map in server is from gamemaps, and OP is delete link in gamemaps, only workshop stays, and version is mismatched.

2 players ask me can we solve that?

Update: dead street 13 is not version server - link in gamemmaps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

regards, m.
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-12-18, 16:23

Killogy wrote:
I don´t know if server has an old version of Dead Street 16 campaign. I have version 13 and 16 and I can connect without problems, even if I delete DeadStreet13.vpk.

Anyway, map list shows [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dead Street 13 2.0 (Final) 2013-05-08 DeadStreet13.vpk

Latest version.

Dead Street 16 3.0 (Final) 2016-01-01 DeadSt16.vpk

See ya
I've updated Dead Street now.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-12-18, 16:24

myljach wrote:
Update for Survival server:

custom map Helms deep reborn is not reachable to anyone, since version of map in server is from gamemaps, and OP is delete link in gamemaps, only workshop stays, and version is mismatched.

2 players ask me can we solve that?

Update: dead street 13 is not version server - link in gamemmaps  http://www.gamemaps.com/details/5673

regards, m.
I've installed the Helms Deep Steam Workshop version now.
And Dead Street is updated now too.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-12-30, 20:08

we try helms deep , but sims to not work. Some issue vith dedicated servers, i read all here
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2016-12-30, 21:14

Seems there was an update of Helms Deep.
I've installed the latest version.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2017-01-02, 22:56

Tested, works great.

Another thing: Can u please restart versus server? Some players lag only there, on others not. If i remember, that was happened before, and restarting server helps.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2017-01-03, 23:41

myljach wrote:
Tested, works great.

Another thing: Can u please restart versus server? Some players lag only there, on others not. If i remember, that was happened before, and restarting server helps.

Thanks!

I've restarted the Versus server now.
Back to top Go down
*LHC*
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
*LHC*

PostSubject: Journey to Splash Mountain   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2017-02-03, 05:16

UNPLAYABLE. Exits to desktop (no error). Cannot even play 1st map....Already tried lowest settings...Disabling other addons...etc
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2017-02-03, 08:59

*LHC* wrote:
UNPLAYABLE. Exits to desktop (no error). Cannot even play 1st map....Already tried lowest settings...Disabling other addons...etc

It has happened to me too, the first time only, second time played without crashes.

Campaign Journey to Splash Mountain map splash1. server GunGameMod

I remember other campaign crashes for me too and as this one never it happened before, but other players did not crashed, so maybe it is a client side problem Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime2017-02-03, 15:42

Hello LHC!

I just played Journey to Splash Mountain in gungamemod, and for me works good. No errors, nothing.
I was thinking u have problem like in campaign - Left in china, where is present map developer bug ( in game start, great China wall - when Chopper crash, couple random players game crash to desktop, after rejoin all works fine - happened in all servers - map bug)

Is that happened:

1) Only in gungamemod? did u try other servers same map?
2) Is that happened to you in all maps custom/regular in gungamemod?
3) did u try play same map offline?

What you may try is:

Verify integrity of game cache

explained in this steam guide:

If that dont help, try other stuff from that guide, like put -insecure or -novid -console -condebug ---explained in same guide

And if u figure out is problem in connection, like client time out or error connection fail after 10 retries, u may see this guide

If u have any questions, UR free to ask me

CU

M.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7