PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

New campaign added: "Day Break"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

New campaign added: "Day Break" Empty
PostSubject: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-09-29, 08:55

We have added two new campaigns.
We have tested "Day Break" and it seems to work.
Only on map l4d2_daybreak05_rescue the CS weapons does not work properly (you see no arms, no weapon in your hands, no reload animation but you can shoot)

In "Beldurra 2" we only tested the first map.

So please test the campaigns and tell us if they worked or if you saw any problems.

UPDATE: "Beldurra 2" is buggy and crashes the server all the time. I have removed it.
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-10-04, 17:31

Day Break was updatet to Version 2.

Coop Server 27017 and GunGame Server 27021 runs it now, other need restart.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-10-04, 17:45

I have adjusted the second database table.
And I have removed the v1 vpk from the servers addons folders.
This has to be done when the vpk name has changed.
Otherwise both v1 and v2 vpk stay in the server addons folders.

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2013-10-08, 13:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 16:15

I have played Day Break 2 times since joining your server and i can say i like the game flow. It looks a bit hard when some players die fast or remain behind; same goes for players that go to the map too fast. Overall i can say i like the sniper weapon and the eagle in conjunction with this map Smile
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 16:49

It is difficult to get many players acting together so that no one rushes and no one stays behind.
Sometimes a quick rush is essential to beat the map.
So staying behind to safe the last one is not possible.
And sometimes rushing is not possible.
But all in all it is fun to adjust and align with others to find a way to beat the map.
I recommend to play on expert with some of the expert players here.
Normally the team stays together automatically because alone you won't get far.

I recommend a melee weapon and some long or mid range weapon.
With the melee you can even bring a charger down quick enough before he knocks you down.
With a long or mid range you can shoot zombies which are more far away.
On Realism server you will learn to shoot to the head always because even the normal zombies need more than one bullet from the sniper.
On Realism I often play with a fast mid range weapon like SMG, M16, ... and a melee.
It is more likely to hit the head with a fast weapon than with the slow sniper.
Sometimes I also use a shotgun for crowd control and a magnum for the distance (and for one shot kills of CI even on Realism server)
Well there are lots of different play styles.
You can also start on the GunGameMod server with only a few low tier weapons (you get more weapons when your rank increases)
There you see quickly which combination works and which not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2013-10-06, 07:54

Thanks for the hints, at the moment i just play on AlServ2019. Indeed different weapons gives a player different tactics when facing zombie. Leaving that aside, i like the fact that i have a decent ping, on russians servers i get over 100 ms.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2016-10-23, 19:48

l4d2_daybreak05_rescue caused client crashes to desktop on map load in the saferoom. This appeared to affect all players in the game on alServ2018. Only Tron and Kapeka were able to rejoin the game initially and then I was able to rejoin after the finale started.

The first post in the thread mentioned the CS weapons could cause issues with rendering. Not sure if the crashing here had any correlation, but I was definitely using the hunting knife at the time.

Approximate time on server: 2016-10-23 00:59:07
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2016-10-24, 20:18

I checked the server log file.
Everything looks fine there.
No crash, no errors visible.
So for me it seems to be a client problem.
Would be interesting if a pure client (no other addons, just that single custom campaign) would have problems too.
Or maybe some client update made things worse with this map.
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2016-10-25, 00:18

Today, we played this campaing on Coop 19, no crashes.

see ya
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2018-04-01, 18:39

2018-03-29 19:44:18 Kid if u see admin tell him to update Day Break map alServ2019 Coop c2m5_concert

And i found this chat, test map, and current version in gamemaps is 3, server version is 2. I download current version, to be sure is not work.

link - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2018-04-02, 13:10

I've updated the campaign.
Please test it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime2018-04-02, 20:57

Tested, works
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New campaign added: "Day Break"   New campaign added: "Day Break" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New campaign added: "Day Break"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1