PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Dropped in to say HI :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dropped in to say HI :) Empty
PostSubject: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 13:26

Good communities are hard to find because mostly they don`t last much or the admins get stupid with time. So far i count one community for COD4 where i play a coop zombie mode and things are very well.

Hope to make this my second one... but for now i just want to say HI to all of you Smile , see ya on the game servers (both l4d and l4d2).

PS: i have a suggestion, can you make a torrent with the 3rd party maps you created for the servers? downloading them from l4dmaps.com is really slow Smile
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 14:05

Welcome!

If you are looking for some serious game play I think you will like it here.
There is a bunch of real expert players around here regularily.

L4D1 is mostly overrun by russians^^
But I like to keep the servers especially because of the good old r0r mod.

oddis runs an FTP with custom maps.
He posted the address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't know if all maps are there and if they are the latest versions.
But for some of the older maps you could get a quicker download I think.
The zip file names contain the date so it should be easy to check their version.

I don't plan to offer downloads in any way because I don't want to waste any game server bandwidth.
I know it would be easier for others to have a quick and easy download.
I have a free account on l4dmaps and for me the downloads are quite fast.
If anybody else wants to host custom maps (on FTP or torrent or MEGA or whereever) they are free to post the links here for forum members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 14:41

Thank you !

I have seen the russians on the l4d servers they come from a community, some of hem have a team spirit.

You could say that about the game play, as i suck at player vs player, that`s why i like coop games better. As far as i know, there is one romanian player that joins the l4d2 coop server, so thats at least one reason for me to join here.

Saved the link as bookmark in my browser, thank you oddis Smile
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 14:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can see all players from your country easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 14:54

Yes, i noticed the Statx logo on the front page. I only know Joshua.

Do you have a TeamSpeak server ?
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 15:07

We have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] server.
But it seems that most players prefer to be silent^^

Well actually the Mumble server is not announced officially here in the forum.
Some time ago I offered access to the mumble server but nobody answered.

So currently only the core crew (some admins) is on mumble sometimes.
Maybe I should announce the mumble again in the forum.
Could be fun to hear some of the guys.
And girls of cause^^
And I will send out mumble access data only on request via PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 15:14

Hope i did not offend in any way by saying Team Speak, personally i find Mumble much more easy to configure and use.

Indeed, you can give it a try and promote it. Offering access upon request to keep spammers away from it is a good way to do it.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 15:26

No problem.
I simply never have used TeamSpeak.
I first got in touch with Mumble only.
And it was really easy to install it on the linux root server via SSH.
I think I give it a try and make an announcement for forum members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 15:34

OK.

Yes, i know its easy to install but i hope you are not running the program Mumble as root, not a very good security practice.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 16:51

Yeah.
Nice hint.
Using "root" is never a good idea.
For mumble the default configuration on the root server is using a dedicated user account to run the mumble service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-12, 17:25

The non-steam version i got has an so called updater, but after trying to connect to a version .30 server the game crashes. Until a new game rip is on "the air" i will play on the l4d servers.

Maybe its about time i get them from Steam for good. Smile
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-12, 18:11

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] update works fine.
Get the "Incremental Update" and the "Standalone Patch".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-13, 07:27

Thank you for the information. I will try and post feedback when done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime2013-10-13, 09:54

Back with the feedback: the game is working working with both the incremental and standalone patch as you suggested. Thanks again for the link you provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropped in to say HI :)   Dropped in to say HI :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dropped in to say HI :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
alServ2000 :: The Safe House :: Bla bla bla-