PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Mic chat on L4D servers and admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Empty
PostSubject: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 20:26

Good evening / day / night / or even morning Smile

I have played a lot on the L4D servers this weekend, during this time i have made (i hope) some new friends. They are from Eastern Europe like Ukraine and Russia, nice people to play with a good team spirit once you got their trust. Keep the word trust in mind for the next few lines.

There are still some things that i did not liked at the beginning:
1. its nice to use the mic to chat-in game but not in russian my friends (i consider all people friends even russians) i dont understand a thing and it distracts my attention, trust me, even your english sucks, i dont know jack about russian so we are even
2. some people are just retarted and call players noobs and start to curse, especially russians, but they forget that we all started as noobs (as someone said) in a game.
3. in some maps i see camping, its hard to make the russians get in at first but they do it eventually Smile

So back to trust... they are not bad players once you show them that they can cooperate and act by words and logic.

Are there any admins for the L4D servers that might have some time to receive some feedback and kick some players that use a bad language ?

Back to top Go down
Gudzon The Mad
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Gudzon The Mad

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-04, 22:04

SirPufonel wrote:
(i consider all people friends even russians)

SirPufonel wrote:
some people are just retarted, especially russians.

SirPufonel wrote:

its hard to make the russians get in at first but they do it eventually

Okay now, whats the purpose of this post?

Everything ive just read here, this post just shows how grieve your visions of the world are. Are you trying to excuse Russians of being themselves over the internet? Shame on you! Expressing your self as a nice-typing guy, but in reality being a disrespectful person in pink'n'fluffy hide, dishonoring the whole nation . Now thank you, thank you alot for making me feel even worse after a hard day at work. Guess What? I AM RUSSIAN. Thank you for spitting me in the face!

Everybody i care about on the servers. Titan, Danny, Fresh Meat, Joshua, Tommy, Karina, Outsider, Killogy, Tron, alBan2000. I will spend every last point to buy them a defib or a kit because i care about them, they've proven me to be comrades, when atleast one of them is online i feel so comfy and cozy playing with them, forgetting all that shit that awaits me outside of my online alter-ego. I am absolutely sure i will never give you a hand, i will not revive you, i will not heal you, i will not cover you. I will shoot down jockey off you head ONLY to get 1 point, so i can then spent some of it to buy my virtual l4d friends some pain pills, so that they can hold on to the safe house.

Thats all i had to say.
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 06:48

well its may because the l4d1 servers are most used by russia players. but normal they will help you to get up, heal ect. talking is a problem most times i know but simple words like "go help move heal" should be known. and if the mic chat jaming you, you can desable it, like i do.

and if you make friends there, i think you have talk a bit with them so i dont see at time anything to ban some of them. and geoip ban wil not used.
Back to top Go down
Major Tom
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Major Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 07:39

Beuark ! affraid 
I call Tron Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:04

the guy has a genetic problem ... genetic anxiety memories of 1945 ... where fought your grandfather? fear-hate-russians? it's good! always remember about the Slavs!in what millennium you live? who's stopping you turn off the microphone or to learn the russian language? im RUSSIAN, i know more than six languages  (german with a dictionary Wink  ) and you, unwashed shmuck, will be here to talk about RUSSIANS???

HA-HA-HA!!!

on this server, we are all friends, old friends, many years ... we swearing like a big family, and no one will not kick anyone. who came for a moment may to write such nonsense in the forum, misunderstanding the essence ...

Last edited by Tron on 2013-11-05, 08:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Tom
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Major Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:18

Pernicious innuendo, devious racism...
Pufonel, you're at the door of the forum until further decision
edit. But ok Tron you saved his ass. (because you're an admin and i fear you)

What you describe Pufonel, is not Russian behavior but teenager behavior.
Be smart.
That kind of insinuating topic is closed... And nevermore that.

Last edited by Major Tom on 2013-11-05, 08:41; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:27

nonononono NO NO NO!!! dont!!! let he be!!! young and stupid... I'm old and wise, I forgive!
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:27

Stop.
Take a deep breath.
I think there is some misunderstanding.
I'm pretty sure SirPufonel wanted to say something else.
Some time ago I've added mic chat to server rules.
Abusing vocal chat for afternoon coffee talk in foreign language should be avoided anyway.
The chat should be used for game relevant info which helps all players.
Swearing in general is not tolerated in any language.
Problem is that the L4D servers are a little abandoned.
No one cares about them.
So they got occupied by players/friends from some country.
I played there recently for a short time and they used the chat as Skype.
I didn't understand anything.
They even did not stop when asking them in chat.
This heavy vocal usage steals server bandwidth and CPU.
No matter who and in which language is doing that.
Swearing and noob shouting is also only allowed for one guy^^
No time to elaborate more (smartphone typing sux)
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:32

i took a deep breath and i will say... mic-spam must be punished! but...
how does he know that the russian swear if he does not know russian language? A???

вот спрашивается, ну откуда???
Back to top Go down
Major Tom
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Major Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:37

Yeah mic spamming is bandwith greedy, and the L4D servers are a bit abandonned by admins.

But whatever... No pasarán.

pigpigpigpigpigpig Grrrrrrrrrrrrr pig pig pig pig pig pig

Last edited by Major Tom on 2013-11-05, 08:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 08:39

pasaremos
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-05, 09:18

I checked the chat.
The player Softwarebasic2 was swearing AGAINST Russians.
He got a ban now.
So I think there is some misunderstanding which should be clarified soon.

To all admins:
Read the chat history.
If you find something against the rules more often  (especially in your language) then ban them for 2 weeks.

Update:
Soon there will be further info to clarify the issue.
Back to top Go down
Major Tom
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Major Tom

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-06, 14:39

After some PMs wich clarify the situation the topic is reopened.

Like i said to Sir Pufonel :

Tom wrote:
I've heard that speech so much time :
"I got martians friends, so i'm not martianophobe...
But most of these people are : retards, green, dirty, thieves (pick one)..."[...]

I hope you understand my point, your topic has hurted a lot of survivors and friends and you seem smart enough to understand that a as admin i had to flame you immediatly[...]

Your topic is reopend, i'm glad it's a misunderstand and not a way to spit in a devious way on people of a particular country[...]

Choose your word with accuracy, we're not sit at the same table sharing a beer or a cofee, we do not really know each other, we don't see our eyes and smiles, and sometimes on internet, words are not enough and should be measured not to hurt community's sensitivities[...]
I'm maybe a diehard hippie, a loudmouth ready to take up arms for any bullshit offensive... In the street or on a game forum.. Everywhere... But this forum should be a real brotherhood place to live, only fun and support between everyone of us.

And i'll keep on my watch to be sure that every survivors who come on that forum find a good alternative place to rest and piapia in peace... I'll flame every post that could seems innapropriate in a international place like ours.

Now, let's give voice to Sir Pufonel and let's do our best to welcome him as a member of the family who's been clumsy and not like a paria...

Peace

Last edited by Major Tom on 2013-11-07, 20:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-07, 19:07

Good evening, to settle this for once i will post the message that was sent to Albert and MajorTom, 2 days after seeing this topic close and my right to answer denied.

"Hello,

I have seen that my topic was closed and interpreted in the most wrong possible way... Maybe i have written the point 2 in defective way and since i can`t do it on the topic i had open i will write it here to you, make sure you just transmit this to the people in the topic:

"2. some people are just retarted and call players noobs and start to curse, especially russians, but they forget that we all started as noobs (as someone said) in a game."

At this point i wanted to state that some players like SoftwareBasic, joined the server just curse players and call them noobs, and he did that especially to russians

To Gudzon The Mad, Tron, tell them not to judge, if i wanted to offend them as they stated, i have done so in a PM and not started a topic. I don`t care too much about history, i know it very well, i`m just interested to have nice time with players on the same server that i have joined.

THE MAI POINT OF THE TOPIC was to make the admins aware that russians are good players and that I for e.g. had a nice time with them taht weekend, BUT some players have something against them that`s why they curse them and in return that why russians have no trust in other players too much.

So, please don`t close a topic and don`t start to flame it too much, since the author, me in this case, was not given a chance to transmit a feedback,

Good night !"

THE SHORTER VERSION IS THIS:
1. i can`t wait for the weekend to relax after a week of work playing one of my favorite games
2. i hope that players are good in team work and not fueled by anger and/or to start spamming  (chat or mic), just because some of us are from a country and others from a different one. How did the situation escalated like this ?
3. i think if there are any admins with some spear time, try and join the L4D servers once a day and twice a day in the weekend, it never hurts to see how are things.
4. i can try and be a "weekend admin" if there is a possible way for this, since in the week my job is in customer support and all i want to do at the end of each day is just to stay in bed and listen to music.

As i said to MajorTom, i ask the same question here to the people that replied to this topic: if we live in a modern world, why do we behave like in the pre-modern world when it comes to judging and thinking ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime2013-11-07, 20:41

So now that topic is closed...

You know the admins team point of view about any sign of discrimination ingame or on this private forum...

Racists will be treated like little cockroaches :

- No right to answer ("it's not a democracy" Rick Grimes)

- No right to exist in that private place ("A taaaaaaank, shoot, shoot, shoot" Ellis)

- Be nice with Sir Clumsy Pufonel, he's been victim of our mighty anger, nothing more horrible to be trated like a racist asshole, all our apologies... ("I'm old and wise, I forgive!" Tron the wise)

Peace & molotov
Back to top Go down
https://alserv2000.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mic chat on L4D servers and admins   Mic chat on L4D servers and admins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mic chat on L4D servers and admins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1