PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Versus Server Configuration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-05, 23:33

Fixed some of the bugs.

Versus match is forced to start now after 30 seconds when ready up time is over.
This also solves buggy maps like Ravenholm where the bots did not start at all.

Fixed the Ravenholm map 4 where you could leave the train safe house before ready up was finished.
Plyers are frozen now so that they can't leave the train before everybody is ready.
Tell me if you find other maps where you can leave the safe area before everybody is ready.

Fixed first maps in campaigns where sometimes only one round was played.

Fixed the map reset plugin so that it should return to c1m1_hotel now when the server is empty.

City 17 first map should not crash anymore (used another Weapon Unlock plugin to prevent the crash)

Could not reproduce the "Haunted Forest" last map behaviour.
It worked fine when we tested it.

Currently bots may teleport when they get stuck (sb_unstick 1)
It seems to offer a better gameplay this way.
At least you can get further in the map.
Otherwise bots will get stuck very often at various locations and then all the other bots run back to help the stuck bot.
And on some custom maps the bots wont even get past certain obstacles.
Playing with a pure bot survivor team is still far from perfect.
Sometimes they push buttons sometimes not.
We would need a plugin like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But it crashed very quickly when I tested it and it does not contain all offical campaigns and no custom campaign at all.

And I have removed the "TESTING" tag from the Versus server because I think the basic setup is done now.
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-06, 08:05

alBert2000 wrote:
Fixed some of the bugs.

Versus match is forced to start now after 30 seconds when ready up time is over.
This also solves buggy maps like Ravenholm where the bots did not start at all.

Fixed the Ravenholm map 4 where you could leave the train safe house before ready up was finished.
Plyers are frozen now so that they can't leave the train before everybody is ready.
Tell me if you find other maps where you can leave the safe area before everybody is ready.

Fixed first maps in campaigns where sometimes only one round was played.

Fixed the map reset plugin so that it should return to c1m1_hotel now when the server is empty.

City 17 first map should not crash anymore (used another Weapon Unlock plugin to prevent the crash)

Could not reproduce the "Haunted Forest" last map behaviour.
It worked fine when we tested it.

Currently bots may teleport when they get stuck (sb_unstick 1)
It seems to offer a better gameplay this way.
At least you can get further in the map.
Otherwise bots will get stuck very often at various locations and then all the other bots run back to help the stuck bot.
And on some custom maps the bots wont even get past certain obstacles.
Playing with a pure bot survivor team is still far from perfect.
Sometimes they push buttons sometimes not.
We would need a plugin like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But it crashed very quickly when I tested it and it does not contain all offical campaigns and no custom campaign at all.

And I have removed the "TESTING" tag from the Versus server because I think the basic setup is done now.

ExelenT ^^ thx For the INFO  cheers 
Back to top Go down
'Erebos
Running dead
Running dead
'Erebos

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-07, 13:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-08, 15:24

'Erebos wrote:

Thanks.
I've installed that plugin.
Tell me if you see any improvements now.
Back to top Go down
'Erebos
Running dead
Running dead
'Erebos

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-31, 14:24

TaRoN is this you want?

Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-31, 16:05

'Erebos wrote:
TaRoN is this you want?

Yes That plugin -) I want , alBert Installed that plugin . in past i tested it
and Plugin work good . Now I don`t know Work good or not ( I CAN`T PLAY , BECAUSE I NEED TO REPAIR MY COMPUTER  Mad  )
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-31, 16:31

I could also control the witch.
So plugin works but may not be very useful.
But fun anyways.
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-03-31, 16:39

alBert2000 wrote:
I could also control the witch.
So plugin works but may not be very useful.
But fun anyways.

Yes  Smile When I played in Versus , some people said that "Oh cooolll we Can play as Witch " "LOL Nice Game Witch"
bla bla bla... They Really Enjoyed Game and connected to server because they can play as WITCH SO Please don`t delete that plugin ..
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-06, 21:26

I don`t know this plugin useful or not , but if You want alBert you can install this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-08, 05:57

TaRoN wrote:
I don`t know this plugin useful or not , but if You want alBert you can install this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks.
I'll have a look as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-20, 09:22

Hi all -) .. in c1m1_hotel sometime 1 bot ( maximum i saw 3 bots ) stuck in fire at the end of map they are stuck and not moving .
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-20, 10:35

I don't know how to improve the bots anymore.
Actually they should teleport when they get stuck.
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-20, 10:43

alBert2000 wrote:

Have you tested this addon?

From the changes log:

Bots should be smarter about avoiding hazardous obstacles, such as fire.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-05-20, 16:42

Killogy wrote:
alBert2000 wrote:

Have you tested this addon?

From the changes log:

Bots should be smarter about avoiding hazardous obstacles, such as fire.

Some time ago I tested some of the cvars used in this VPK but it did not help.
Some cvars even interfere with other plugins like sb_all_bot_game and allow_all_bot_survivor_team which are set dynamically on our server.
So it would cost some effort and time to extract only the good cvars for versus and test them.
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-06-12, 17:18

Hello -) 2014-06-12 17:51:44 server crashed .. players 4/12 map c1m2_streets
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-06-12, 17:44

TaRoN wrote:
Hello -)  2014-06-12 17:51:44 server crashed .. players 4/12 map c1m2_streets

Thanks for the info.
Did it crash while loading the next map?
Or in a map?
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-06-13, 09:55

alBert2000 wrote:
TaRoN wrote:
Hello -)  2014-06-12 17:51:44 server crashed .. players 4/12 map c1m2_streets

Thanks for the info.
Did it crash while loading the next map?
Or in a map?

When our team won , other player`s game crashed then I connected and my game crashed too -( Maybe map loading problem((
Back to top Go down
GMagic96
Running dead
Running dead
GMagic96

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-15, 20:57

Hi,

Only I want to give my opinion and some advices for balance the infected team and the survivor team.

About the survivor team, I haven't got any observation. For me, it is very balanced.

But about the infected team, I think that the smoker is powerful and is unbalanced with the others special infected.

There is an increase of the tongue's length of the smoker, that it is good. But the plugin that the smoker can moves while he is dragging you, I think that this plugin gives him a lot of advantage because he can drag you until the saferoom of the start, for example.

I opine that remove this plugin and add other plugin, for example, the plugin of the damage of the smoker cloud.

And about the hunter, I think that it would be good that duplicate the damage of pounce. For example, if you do a pounce of 25, then it will be 50.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-16, 10:14

GMagic96 wrote:
There is an increase of the tongue's length of the smoker, that it is good. But the plugin that the smoker can moves while he is dragging you, I think that this plugin gives him a lot of advantage because he can drag you until the saferoom of the start, for example.

I agree 100% what you say about the moving option on smoker. You know i'm doing this because it's fun(!) but it's not fair for the survivors team. What i think is the best option? Remove it.

About tank: not enough HP for 6 survivors.

P.S. It would be nice if we have more knifes on the safe room instead of just ONE! If this happends the game should be fair enough for both teams.

P.S. 2 The minigun pick up can also be a problem. I'm not saying more about that. You know what i mean.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-16, 17:01

Thanks guys.
Good ideas.
You both play more often on Versus then me.
I'm busy at the moment and I'll have a close look at the topics as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-17, 19:48

I've made some quick changes:

- movable minigun is disabled
- hunter pounce damage is doubled
- tank health is increased
- smoker move speed is half now

Maybe with half the speed the smoker is less overpowered.
I like the idea of moving smoker.
If that is not enough I could imagine somthing like that the smoker can only move a certain range or for a certain time.
But this would required to modify and test the plugin.

With more melee the survivors could be too strong.
The game director chooses the melee.
We have no plugin for that (just enabled all melee types in all maps)
Important is that for both rounds the same weapons are given.
And I hope that this is case.
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-22, 11:25

alBert2000 wrote:
I've made some quick changes:

- movable minigun is disabled
- hunter pounce damage is doubled
- tank health is increased
- smoker move speed is half now

Maybe with half the speed the smoker is less overpowered.
I like the idea of moving smoker.
If that is not enough I could imagine somthing like that the smoker can only move a certain range or for a certain time.
But this would required to modify and test the plugin.

With more melee the survivors could be too strong.
The game director chooses the melee.
We have no plugin for that (just enabled all melee types in all maps)
Important is that for both rounds the same weapons are given.
And I hope that this is case.

Hello,all ideas very good,except Hunter pounce damage.I don`t want write about this,but I had 100 hp killed by Hunter + zombie mob in 9-11 sec. Bots can`t save me just seeing me how i eaten by them -).It will be good,that you change it back(normal).If others want to play with double pounce,no problem don`t change it...This is my opinion.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2014-09-22, 15:53

Ok.
Default is 5, we tested 10.
Let's try "z_pounce_damage 7" now^^
Back to top Go down
GMagic96
Running dead
Running dead
GMagic96

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2015-02-27, 20:14

Well, I write this post for give some suggestions for balance survivors/infected. I usually play on versus server, and I see that usually win the infected team. For it, I give some suggestions for improve the balance:

1- Charger Steering Plugin

I think that this plugin gives a lot of advantage to the charger, because is very easy to catch a survivor. For example, I dodged its charge, but the charger can do a turn of 180º and catch me. It is really annoying for the survivor if the charger makes you an instant kill. In my opinion, I recommend remove this plugin and add another plugin for the charger.

2- Hunter pounce damage

I recommend to change this option to 5 (by default):

z_pounce_damage 5

And add this plugin for the hunter:

And increase the uncaps pounce damage to 50 (25 by default). This is the option to edit:

pounceuncap_maxdamage 50

3- Tank's health

I think that will be good reduce the tank's health a little. 9000 HP will be good. Why 9000 HP?

Following this calculations on the values by default, I arrive at this conclusion:

Tank's health by default: 6000 HP
Number of survivors by default: 4

6000 HP/4 survivors = 1500 HP per survivor

Then...

1500 HP · 6 survivors = 9000 HP

4- Smoker tongue range

I think that smoker is powerful and it could be good to decrease a little the smoker's tongue range or set it to default.

5- Karma Charge (optional)

This plugin is optional. Only is for fun. This plugin makes is a slow motion effect on the server when charger pulls a survivor from a high altitude. There is a video demostration that you can check how works this plugin.

Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime2015-02-28, 02:57

GMagic96 wrote:

1- Charger Steering Plugin

I think that this plugin gives a lot of advantage to the charger, because is very easy to catch a survivor. For example, I dodged its charge, but the charger can do a turn of 180º and catch me. It is really annoying for the survivor if the charger makes you an instant kill. In my opinion, I recommend remove this plugin and add another plugin for the charger.

I agree with only that. The other ones aren't a good idea in my opinion.

Or add more melee weapons!!!!! Jeez. There is a plugin for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Versus Server Configuration    Versus Server Configuration  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Versus Server Configuration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next