PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

A few suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RoddyGotEm
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
RoddyGotEm

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-02-12, 02:16

These are a few suggestions I and another player thought of:

1. Better AI bots.
In a nutshell, the bots would play regularly. Or at least are able to get better weapons. Countless times, I've had to spawn health items to heal them or speed them up. Or I'm getting pummeled by a charger/ridden by a jockey and they're reloading their shotguns which are horrible on ammo.

2. More ranks.
This, by far is the best L4D2 sever in the world. I only play on this one, another survival one or offline. I hit The Last Hero a while back and it was amazing :DBut sadly, I have nothing to strive for now D: But adding more ranks would give me and other players a new challenge (we can have powers like team heal or team full ammo or all guns infinite ammo etc. And we can think of more weapon unlocks later)

Slight Laser Shield/Kamikaze bomb/Air Strike change.
These are more opinion-wise ones for me. For the Laser Shield, it would be cool if it saved you from witches and tanks. Everything else is perfect. As for The Kamikaze Bomb, it would be cool if no friendly fire happened. For air strike, maybe a new one like air strike 5 lights witches and tanks on fire without repercussions(these all can be power unlocks with the new ranks).

Difficulty adjustment
reserved for fdsauk (he also may have other ideas)

These are all SUGGESTIONS to improve this already amazing server so they all can be edited/tweaked so no negative feedback is wanted/needed.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
RoddyGotEm and fdsauk
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-02-12, 07:25

Thanks for your feedback.
Every opinion is welcome as always.
Currently the Versus Server has priority.
And with my limited spare time it's hard to get something going at the moment.

Reaching the last rank took too long, some players complained.
So I increased the points you can get per map.
Now you see the drawback.
Last Hero reached more quickly, what should I do now? ^^

I also was thinking about some rank decrease e.g. when you don't play for some time
Or when you do bad things like friendly fire or bile teammates
Back to top Go down
RoddyGotEm
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
RoddyGotEm

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-02-12, 15:44

No problem Smile
And I won't mind waiting lol as imo this is the best L4D Server EVER lol
And it took me like 2 weeks to get there XD idk how people can complain it was fairly fun and easy. Decreasing ranks should add a challenge, but the friendly fire might be annoying for me (players love running in front of me as i'm shooting lol)
Back to top Go down
RoddyGotEm
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
RoddyGotEm

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-27, 15:44

I really need #2 xD
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-28, 21:12

First of all I'll activate dynamic difficulty again.
Then I'll go back to 15 points per map.

I was shocked when I had a quick look today.
10 Players playing on EASY!!!
And maybe they were farming points too.
Maybe that happens all the time.
I'm not playing GunGame at all at the moment.
I just wanted to preserve a good server from the past.
But it seems it is just abused to get to the highest rank asap.

Lol. 10 players on EASY!!!
What a shame!!!

I will never pay money to host a stupid EASY server.

Enough said for now.
I'm pissed.
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 10:26

Playing on easy is like cheating  Shocked 

The game should make fun get you happy if you finally level up.

we should lock on hard or higher  Cool 
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 16:19

Agree. However some new players are not fluent english speakers so even if I tell them to write : !weapons to access the weapons, some of them might not understand it and they end up playing with a single Pistol which is a shame.

For me it's not that bad knowing that I'm already at the max level, I don't need to put too much effort into the game anymore.

One suggestion which would come in handy . When someone uses laser shield and accidently someone run straight into my laser (not only 1 player, let's say 3) I get down and get killed by my own shield?Seriously this should be fixed and furthermore you can get killed by the witch if you startle her normally except if you run straight into her with the shield before she gets startled.

Hope you consider my opinion.
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 17:04

alBert2000 wrote:

I was shocked when I had a quick look today.
10 Players playing on EASY!!!
And maybe they were farming points too.
I'm not playing GunGame at all at the moment.
I just wanted to preserve a good server from the past.

Hello,

I don`t play on the Gungame server too much, but i can say that on the other coop servers, at least when i play, the levels are most of the time between normal and advanced. I tend to play on expert with the "boys" but i suck ,so i play for as long as i can.

alBert2000 wrote:

Can you verify that for game server logs ? Since the zombies are AI, they are loaded at the start of each map, so maybe you can see what level they have when loaded/spawned.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 17:43

VIVONX wrote:
One suggestion which would come in handy . When someone uses laser shield and accidently someone run straight into my laser (not only 1 player, let's say 3) I get down and get killed by my own shield?Seriously this should be fixed and furthermore you can get killed by the witch if you startle her normally except if you run straight into her with the shield before she gets startled.

So you want to report a bug or what.
... "Seriously this should be fixed" ...
I can't believe how friendly you are reporting a bug.

The easiest fix would be to remove the laser shield at all (or shut down the GunGame completely)

You should honor the great work error404 has done by creating the GunGameMod plugin.
And that he even managed to create all these special powers.

So the next time a bug report could be filed like that:
"I have noticed some problems with the laser shield ... Would be great if you can have a look at it. Maybe it can be fixed somehow."

Currently I'm really not in the mood anymore to fix anything on the GunGame.
The plugin has 12097 lines of code and each little change could make other things worse.
(as a comparison the r0r plugin has 4222 lines and points_system has 3370 lines of code)

Oh, and maybe this is the intended behavior of the laser shield.
So it is not a bug report.
It is a change request.
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 18:03

alBert2000 wrote:
VIVONX wrote:

So you want to report a bug or what.
... "Seriously this should be fixed" ...
I can't believe how friendly you are reporting a bug.

The easiest fix would be to remove the laser shield at all (or shut down the GunGame completely)

You should honor the great work error404 has done by creating the GunGameMod plugin.
And that he even managed to create all these special powers.

So the next time a bug report could be filed like that:
"I have noticed some problems with the laser shield ... Would be great if you can have a look at it. Maybe it can be fixed somehow."

Currently I'm really not in the mood anymore to fix anything on the GunGame.
The plugin has 12097 lines of code and each little change could make other things worse.
(as a comparison the r0r plugin has 4222 lines and points_system has 3370 lines of code)

Oh, and maybe this is the intended behavior of the laser shield.
So it is not a bug report.
It is a change request.
Excuse me for behaving like that.  Crying or Very sad  I'm not in the right mood too. Especially cause my boss fired me because of a seriously ridiculous reason.  Evil or Very Mad  I'm so angry right now I can't even express it.
I respect the work of error. I'm aware of that it was one hell of a work to make this plugin.
So I will write it in a more polite way. It would be great if you could have a look at the laser shield problem. But of course if you have free time. I know it's hard for you because I bet you have tons of messages about the servers but once you have a free time , I would be more than grateful if you could have a look about this problem.
Thank you albert. Your work is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 18:40

VIVONX wrote:
Excuse me for behaving like that.  Crying or Very sad  I'm not in the right mood too. Especially cause my boss fired me because of a seriously ridiculous reason.  Evil or Very Mad   I'm so angry right now I can't even express it.
I respect the work of error. I'm aware of that it was one hell of a work to make this plugin.
So I will write it in a more polite way. It would be great if you could have a look at the laser shield problem.  But of course if you have free time. I know it's hard for you because I bet you have tons of messages about the servers but once you have a free time , I would be more than grateful if you could have a look about this problem.
I'm sorry to hear that about your job.
Thanks for reporting the issues with the laser shield.
I'll put it on the list.
After all we are here to have fun in Zombieland.
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 18:51

alBert2000 wrote:
VIVONX wrote:
Excuse me for behaving like that.  Crying or Very sad  I'm not in the right mood too. Especially cause my boss fired me because of a seriously ridiculous reason.  Evil or Very Mad   I'm so angry right now I can't even express it.
So I will write it in a more polite way. It would be great if you could have a look at the laser shield problem.  But of course if you have free time. I know it's hard for you because I bet you have tons of messages about the servers but once you have a free time , I would be more than grateful if you could have a look about this problem.
I'm sorry to hear that about your job.
Thanks for reporting the issues with the laser shield.
I'll put it on the list.
After all we are here to have fun in Zombieland.
I would like to report an another problem. Would be grateful if you could have a look at this problem too in the near future.
As you know you can use jetpack if you reach one of the hero ranks.
So , if the time limit of the jetpack wears out in the air you will fall down. So it would be quite useful if it would work in a opposite way.
For example : You are in the air , and the time limit wears out , it will slowly put you onto the ground instead of falling down instantly.
Would be really appreciated if you could put this into the list too.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 19:23

VIVONX wrote:
I would like to report an another problem. Would be grateful if you could have a look at this problem too in the near future.
As you know you can use jetpack if you reach one of the hero ranks.
So , if the time limit of the jetpack wears out in the air you will fall down. So it would be quite useful if it would work in a opposite way.
For example : You are in the air , and the time limit wears out , it will slowly put you onto the ground instead of falling down instantly.
Would be really appreciated if you could put this into the list too.
Ok.
I've added it to the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few suggestions   A few suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
alServ2000 :: LEFT 4 DEAD 2 :: L4D2 Servers :: [L4D2] alServ2021 GunGameMod RPG-