PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-08, 16:20

Killogy wrote:
Your support is needed: Donate to keep this server alive

Literally:

Tu apoyo es necesario. Dona para mantener este servidor vivo

But you can also translate it as,  it looks better:

Tu ayuda es necesaria. Dona para mantener este servidor vivo

Thanks for the translation.
I've added it to the chat advertisment messages and to the MOTD page of alServ2022.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-13, 13:54

alBert2000 wrote:
Current status for this month:
2 donations
5,- (4,55)
3,- (2,59)
In total for the server:

Got 2 further donations:
8,- (7,24)
5,- (5,00) via direct bank transfer

So in total we have for this month:
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-13, 14:06

Yes, sorry for the lower donation but I have at time some projects that need also money.(real-life) But I go on with the lower one as minimum. I promise you my support.
Back to top Go down
cloudrunner
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
cloudrunner

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-17, 09:03

Man I would love to donate for this server but I have no job yet and when I get one I'm afraid this server will end ;(
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-07-27, 21:08

Just donate my 3 buks (euros). Maybe Raid one get defibrilator help Smile
Come on guys, donate to play in Alserv
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-01, 14:14

Here is a total overview of costs and donations started in May where I first asked for donations:

Code:

Date        Total   Usable  Costs
19.05.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
20.05.2015  2,00 €   1,61 €  
21.05.2015  7,00 €   6,29 €  
27.05.2015                  29,00 €
04.06.2015  9,50 €   8,97 €  
04.06.2015  7,50 €   6,86 €  
08.06.2015  10,00 €  10,00 €  
21.06.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
26.06.2015                  29,00 €
27.06.2015  3,00 €   2,59 €  
07.07.2015  8,00 €   7,34 €  
10.07.2015  5,00 €   5,00 €  
22.07.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
27.07.2015  3,00 €   2,59 €  
30.07.2015                  29,00 €
                    64,90 € 87,00 €

So

87,00 € - 64,90 € = 22,10 €

is still missing for the server costs to be covered over the total time.

"Total" is the total donation.
"Usable" is the amount I received after e.g. PayPal fee is subtracted.
"Costs" are the monthly server costs.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-02, 16:23

Maybe end of August or so could be the dead line.
If the server cannot be financed with donations I'll start to quit the contract with the server provider.
Then the server will run 1 or 2 months more till the contract is over and the server is shut down.
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-03, 12:40

???

Ok, than i start to find some other mates to host for me. I dont see any more reason to donate up to 35% of the 4 week payment if the most dont care about it. Evil or Very Mad

So yeah, i QUIT.

You can remove my TS3 and CS:Go if you want, i dont have future projects on it, if i dont know the future.

Btw: with the command to have same files on the server i cannot connect because my mods i use for long time. May its better to close Versus.

I think we arrive the End of alServ ...
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-03, 16:25

Xenothris wrote:
???

I think we arrive the End of alServ ...

Maybe isnt all bad like it looks..
From Albert side in one moment happend again discipline problem in versus server, one raid is dead, and donations are low. So all in same time, and if I am in hese place, tink dont have Nervs for that...
But i have idea for donations make more interesting...
In versus people hunt for points and ranks...
Maybe to make some sort of buying points for money, or money donor get some extra points. if cannt make regulated with points, maybe somewhere existing some cvars to regulate points or ranks. This is only idea, and you can make hundreds ways to connect money vith points. Something like farmille, hayday, Candycrush.
every day admin block couples of people for inapropriate language, or teamkill, micspam.. If you give points for money mannualy, here is less people donors than blocked... I mean it is not big work to do...
Only find best way...
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-03, 17:41

Sad but true.
I paid long enough all by myself (around 957,- € + 22,10 €)

See here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know some of you really made some big donations.
As you can see in the list here:

But it seems not to be possible to finance the server with donations.
So I'm forced to quit the server.
Sure I could continue to pay 10 € or so but I already paid 979,10 €
Therefore I don't want to spend any more money on it.

And I don't want to spend hours and hours to develop some new plugins to raise more money. I think it won't work.

Let's see how it is at the end of August.
But if Xeno is gone some donations will be missing.
So others would have to donate to compensate that and fill the still missing amount.

And sv_consistency is back to 0 so that Xeno could still play on the Versus server.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-03, 19:31

alBert2000 wrote:

And sv_consistency is back to 0 so that Xeno could still play on the Versus server.

ok, we all must help about that. Is it possible to modify sv_pure or older sv_consistency to not find models and materials wich is same like original version to find only   .VPK vith wallhack, speedhack and other tools and than not allowed player to connect?
this question is for RALF, he is a programmer, am i right?
For real programmer this is a piece of cake, but nobody didnt make this because this is older game and need only good will and time.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-04, 15:13

alBert2000 wrote:
Sad but true.
I paid long enough all by myself (around 957,- € + 22,10 €)

See here:

I know some of you really made some big donations.
As you can see in the list here:

But it seems not to be possible to finance the server with donations.
So I'm forced to quit the server.
Sure I could continue to pay 10 € or so but I already paid 979,10 €
Therefore I don't want to spend any more money on it.

And I don't want to spend hours and hours to develop some new plugins to raise more money. I think it won't work.

Let's see how it is at the end of August.
But if Xeno is gone some donations will be missing.
So others would have to donate to compensate that and fill the still missing amount.

Sad to hear that.
As I can see you simply don't have inspiration to continue with server, this happens sooner or later with almost everything what we do.
Still hope server will stay alive
Back to top Go down
brucex
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
brucex

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-04, 15:40

si Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 02:11

At €51,10 in the hole and only 1 of 3 months of meeting donation goals so far, I'm not feeling very confident. I've already scouted out the next server that I'll likely play on and it's Steam-enabled, so I might not be seeing a lot of the familiar names I've met in this community in the future.

Donations have to be a group effort, and if most people can't or won't help, then like Xeno said, there's no reason for me to contribute a disproportionate amount to keep the server alive either. If I'm 1 of 100 or even 1 of 50 regular players, I don't see why I should be contributing 25+% of the donations if it still won't be enough.

The key here is alBert2000 will not be paying the difference and serving as a safety net for uncovered costs anymore. We need some more people who are willing to step up.

€29/month for dedicated hosting with a static IP and unlimited bandwidth is a great deal for even the most basic machine. You can get slightly cheaper deals in Europe, but you may get questionable service or a machine with worse specs. Even the most basic unlimited bandwidth dedicated plan from a reputable host in the US easily costs over twice that much.

I mention this because we are not talking about trying to get many people to help cover a $100+/month hosting bill. It's only €29 split among several people. It should not be this difficult to get some more players to help out when so many people play on these servers daily. Like myljach said, we're talking about a few people making a monthly donation for the cost of a cup of coffee.

Last edited by Snakecharmed on 2015-08-08, 09:48; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 06:27

Well, not really what I was hoping.
I'm trying to increase the awareness that the server needs support in order to be kept alive.
And the result is that 2 of the biggest donors stop their support.
So now there is less support than before.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: PayPal - "Send money to friend" instead of donation button could avoid fees   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 14:50

Maybe we could avoid some PayPal fees if you would use the PayPal "Send money to friend" option instead of the PayPal donate button (You can use the email address from the donation page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
You may need to have money stored on your PayPal account or a bank account registered at PayPal.
Otherwise it may cost the same as a donation it seems.
I'm not completely sure so please check the PayPal conditions on our side.

So at least we might be possible to use the whole donation without any fees (at least when the money is sent in the EU).
Some currency conversion (outside the EU) will always cost something but I think it would be less than it is via the donate button.

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2015-08-08, 16:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 15:10

Let's try. On which email should we send?
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 15:46

Kotory wrote:
Let's try. On which email should we send?
You can just use the same email address that you can see on the donation page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or my other gmail email address which you should have when you got an email directly from me.
Both are registered at PayPal and both should work.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 16:36

Done. Check how much you actually got.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 16:40

Kotory wrote:
Done. Check how much you actually got.

Checked and worked:
Code:
Sent  5,00 EUR
Fee   0,00 EUR
Total 5,00 EUR
Thanks a lot.
Now the server gets the full amount of your donation.
Great.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 17:40

Nice. At least server now will recieve full amount of donation without any fee
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 19:06

Well i stop my support, because i dont see from the most of the players any support. i do 10€ donation, thats 1/3 of the server. If all players will do only 1€ we can easy hold the server over water.

But i dont want be a sponsor. 2 make big donations but the rest not and we dont come to the 29€ goal. i dont think i want waste more money in our community. I dont see any reply of the old players.

I mean 1 fucking €!

It hurt me too to see the project is going down but also the most dont realy want to change something.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 19:19

Xenothris wrote:

I mean 1 fucking €!

It hurt me too to see the project is going down but also the most dont realy want to change something.
Completely agree. Well, i can understand what in latin america or china or anywhere else few euro can be a problem. But for eu countries and north america it is almost nothing.
Anyway i will support server further, cuz I just like it, and dont want to let it die
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 20:33

Update:

Missing to target: 17,10 €

Code:

Date        Total   Usable  Costs
19.05.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
20.05.2015  2,00 €   1,61 €  
21.05.2015  7,00 €   6,29 €  
27.05.2015                  29,00 €
04.06.2015  9,50 €   8,97 €  
04.06.2015  7,50 €   6,86 €  
08.06.2015  10,00 €  10,00 €  
21.06.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
26.06.2015                  29,00 €
27.06.2015  3,00 €   2,59 €  
07.07.2015  8,00 €   7,34 €  
10.07.2015  5,00 €   5,00 €  
22.07.2015  5,00 €   4,55 €  
27.07.2015  3,00 €   2,59 €  
30.07.2015                  29,00 €
08.08.2015  5,00 €   5,00 €
            75,00 € 69,90 € 87,00 €
                            17,10 €
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime2015-08-08, 20:47

I understand that some people can't donate for various reasons due to age or payment processing issues in their country, but I find it hard to believe we can't get at least 2-3 more regular monthly donors.

Let's say we have 5 donors now. On average, that would cost each donor €5,80 per month.

If we have 8 donors, the average per donor is now €3,63.

If we have 10 donors, the average is €2,90 per donor. In reality, the other donors will end up paying less than the average because Xeno, Kotory, and I pay more.

I spend more than these donation amounts for lunch. I don't expect others to become high value donors, but there are many people who play on these servers far more than I do, in all the game modes, not just coop.

I'm not donating for fame or recognition. I donate because the people I often play with here make L4D2 more fun and enjoyable. I know most people's play styles here. I don't have to worry about playing with trolls. I don't have to worry about assholes who have a hot temper and TK me because I accidentally picked up their AWP because they dropped it on top of another weapon (SyncZone), who kick me for no reason (SyncZone), or admins who don't communicate with their players (Evil Dead UK).

I like the custom map selection here. I like the points system mod on 2018 and 2019. I like playing with a team full of veterans. I like playing with a mix of veterans and newbies. Sometimes, I even like playing with a small group of all newbies if they want to learn how we do things here, because if they help, I know I can carry the whole team to the campaign finale.

My L4D2 keyboard macros have been fully customized for only alServ2000 for the past few months. Maybe I just value a good gaming community more because I know what it's like to play in bad ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT   IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT >> Donate to keep the servers alive << IMPORTANT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next