PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Closing the servers soon (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Closing the servers soon (maybe) Empty
PostSubject: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-27, 18:59

As you all know recently I asked for support to keep the servers alive:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Till now I got 3 donations.
In total it is 12,45 € which is quite high for 3 donations.
So thanks again for your support.

But overall it does not look good.
I think I'll have to quit the servers soon.
Sorry but it is just getting too expensive.
I think the servers will be online for about 1 or 2 months.
Depends on when I really quit the contract and when the root server will be shut down by the provider.

Thanks to all for the great time we had.
The forum here will stay.
It costs nothing.
So you could use the forum and tell us when you find other custom servers etc.

CU
Al

UPDATE (2015-05-28):

Maybe there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.
Someone offered me a quite high regular donation.
I won't go into detail at the moment.
But still other regular donations are needed.
I'm also trying to find others who would like to host other servers here for some regular donation but without luck so far.
So I'm still trying to keep the thing going here.

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2015-05-28, 20:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
scarehaddock
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
scarehaddock

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-27, 21:50

I know I'm already banned and should not say anything but I think it's a shame that the servers are being closed .albert please have one of the best servers (in my view) is to keep them alive. I say goodbye and thanks for all alserv.
Back to top Go down
brucex
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
brucex

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 04:31

Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
brucex
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
brucex

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 14:19

he is the best server
Back to top Go down
Vector
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Vector

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 15:58

This is a very sad news, these were my favorite servers by two reasons; these were of the very few servers that not produce me lag also i had a lot of friends here too, i really dont know what i will do since now, i dont like any other server, i guess i will probably just stop playing left 4 dead and go back to play ZMR again the most p2w game ever. Sadly i cant donate to help the servers since in my third world country doesnt have paypal
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 20:15

See the first post for some update.
Back to top Go down
brucex
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
brucex

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 21:35

It is one of the best servers Please do not close

Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-28, 21:42

I hope things work out, alserv is my favorite L4D2 server that is still operating right now. I've made quite a big number of people whom I've become friends with, we've played hundreds of hours together for almost two years now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/mistar_z/
Vector
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Vector

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-05-29, 04:32

I really hope that you can reconsider this albert... this is very sad
Back to top Go down
Sandeep
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-06-02, 05:07

Wouldn't it be possible to shut down one server and rent it with higher price so that it marginally covers running one? You wanted such arrangement as an option to donations. Why not use it together, donations will keep coming in. At least keep 2018-19 running Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-06-02, 16:37

Sandeep wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to shut down one server and rent it with higher price so that it marginally covers running one? You wanted such arrangement as an option to donations. Why not use it together, donations will keep coming in. At least keep 2018-19 running Crying or Very sad

There is no cheaper bare metal server around for rent.
The cheaper ones would be virtual servers (around 15 €).
But there it is unclear how many servers could run on them (maybe really only 2).
And they even have a smaller HD so that not all custom campaigns would fit on them.
And I would have to install everything on a new server again.
And I don't want to do that again for unclear results of how good the server would perform.
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-06-02, 20:00

alBert2000 wrote:

I know how it fells Albert, i`ve been there once. I don`t want to promise anything at this point about a donation, but if the opportunity arises i will consider helping.

For the time, i must admit that this is the most stable and open-minded community i joined until now. Thanks for accepting me as i am.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime2015-06-03, 02:40

When Albert first posted this thread, I started looking at hosting options and he is not kidding when it comes to how good of a deal the current dedicated hosting cost is. For €29, one machine hosts 10 L4D1/L4D2 game servers for a total of 90 player slots. The best part is that Albert has the whole machine to himself. I can't find reliable dedicated hosting for anywhere close to that cheap in the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closing the servers soon (maybe)   Closing the servers soon (maybe) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closing the servers soon (maybe)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1