PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

10 Servers are too much for the hardware

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

10 Servers are too much for the hardware Empty
PostSubject: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime2014-03-30, 17:51

After turning all servers on again, today (2014-03-30 16:00-18:00) I had the chance to see all of them running with players connected.

I manually watched the fps of the servers via "stats" command and I saw severe drops. Also the CPU was really at its limit.

The connected number of players were about:

2 x 10 Players
2 x 8
3 x 4
2 x 2
1 x 1

It changed heavily during this time (a lot of connects and disconnects)

So I started to turn off the servers with the least players on it (sorry if it hit some of you)

Situation got better then.
So it seems that 6 or 7 of 10 servers may really be the maximum so that everything would run smooth enough even at spike times.

So again I'll have to choose which servers to keep online always.
Other could be started on demand or could be used for testing things.

I prefer to have fewer stable and performant servers over having many with a poor performance every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime2014-03-30, 19:17

18 and 19 should live forever! other... does not matter  affraid 
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime2014-03-30, 19:25

alBert2000 wrote:
After turning all servers on again, today (2014-03-30 16:00-18:00) I had the chance to see all of them running with players connected.

I manually watched the fps of the servers via "stats" command and I saw severe drops. Also the CPU was really at its limit.

The connected number of players were about:

2 x 10 Players
2 x 8
3 x 4
2 x 2
1 x 1

It changed heavily during this time (a lot of connects and disconnects)

So I started to turn off the servers with the least players on it (sorry if it hit some of you)

Situation got better then.
So it seems that 6 or 7 of 10 servers may really be the maximum so that everything would run smooth enough even at spike times.

So again I'll have to choose which servers to keep online always.
Other could be started on demand or could be used for testing things.

I prefer to have fewer stable and performant servers over having many with a poor performance every now and then.

SadnESS  Sad All Servers are Beautiful and interesting , You can do thing , that We can VOTE vor servers(which you can keep) ?
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime2014-03-30, 20:02

Basically the same decision as last time.
Versus, Realism, GunGame, r0r, and coop18/19 are set and will stay.
Currently I would like to keep L4D Classic too (but I think it would need some tuning and Dynamic difficulty maybe too)
So thats it.
7 servers.
Not much to vote anymore^^
Back to top Go down
TaRoN
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
TaRoN

PostSubject: Re: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime2014-03-30, 20:55

alBert2000 wrote:
Basically the same decision as last time.
Versus, Realism, GunGame, r0r, and coop18/19 are set and will stay.
Currently I would like to keep L4D Classic too (but I think it would need some tuning and Dynamic difficulty maybe too)
So thats it.
7 servers.
Not much to vote anymore^^

Yes Keep 2 L4D Servers -)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Servers are too much for the hardware   10 Servers are too much for the hardware Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Servers are too much for the hardware
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1