PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Will alServers ever host Versus games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie

Will alServers ever host Versus games? Empty
PostSubject: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 19:02

Just curios because Admins used to talk about it but since then there's been no news of it.

Do people even play on the realism servers? the other server seems to be almost always empty. Do we really need two of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/mistar_z/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-05, 19:24

Maybe in the future.
There is so much to do and I don't have the time to make one at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead
Bass-Ment™

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-19, 06:18

So many cool updates during my absence Albert! Well done! Very Happy 
I hope to find the time to add a Versus server in the near future..it will be so much fun!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-19, 14:38

There is a Versus server online now^^
Check the forum.
Back to top Go down
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead
Bass-Ment™

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-20, 07:00

Yayyyy!!! cheers  I'm testing it right now! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead
Bass-Ment™

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-20, 08:33

Before i was banned (lol, i don't know why!..i was a Tank and i was destroying the survivors, without other special or common infected nearby, so i can't understand the "Excessive Team Killing" reason!!! O_o) i managed to play for 1,5 hour..the only annoying thing was that when i was leaving the loading screen and entered the game, it had already started and someone fellow survivor or myself were already hurted or incapacitated or dead..and when i was an SI, survivors had already left the saferoom..I was playing alone so it's obvious that the game was running with the bots! ^^
In general it was a very joyful experience! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-20, 10:15

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Team Attack counter

This is one of the plugins that I let running.
Actually I copied alServ2019 and disabled plugins and reconfigured the server for Versus etc.
I saw the Attack counter increasing too when I was an Infected.
So it seems it counts the Infected friendly fire too.
Since there is only one counter for all servers it could be that the counter is increased before on another server and/or as survivors and then as infected you get banned.
But maybe the Team Kill Manager plugin does not work properly on versus.
It has never been tested on versus before.
So I could
- disable the Team Kill Manager for versus completely
- Rewrite the plugin so that infected are not counting
- Try to find if there is a bug for infected
Quickest solution is disable^^
All the other involves more work and testing etc.
So I will disable it for now.

2) Game running in background
This is because on versus it seems that the server has to be configured the way that an only bot team is possible.
See here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Without this setting, the server would shut down when there is no human in the other team.
Maybe there is a plugin which could solve this better but I don't know any.
Like I said I never played Versus before (besides yesterday^^) and I never made a versus server before.
So there is currently nothing I can do about that.

Update:
I found another cvar which could help:
"sv_hibernate_when_empty"
See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe this can help.
I've added it to the server config but didn't do any testing.

Another problem is, that a survior team with only bots get stuck when there is a button or so to press.
Bots don't press buttons or action things.
So when I was an infected at Whitaker GunShop (Dead Center campaign) the bot surviors team just grouped behind the big fuel truck between the wall (which should be blown away after getting the cola. But the bots didn't care about cola^^)
I think this is only a problem when only one human is connected.
Back to top Go down
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Zack Zack Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-20, 13:16

The team counter is kind of a double edge sword because it can prevent players with terrible friendly-fire reps and griefers from ruining the game. But the counter can also be a problem because when you're in the heat of battle and you need to kill a Special Infected even if it means shooting through a teammate and causing damage to them, for the benefit of the team.

It's funny how counter also works for the SI team, it can be a problem when playing as the Tank. The Tank's control is exactly that a Tank, you can clumsily kill you're teammates.

Is there a way you can right the configuration so people have to do more damage before they're kick.

On another note, please don't put a buying system in the game. I've experienced first hand what this can do to game, it will destroy the balance of the game because people can spam too many SI too fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/mistar_z/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime2013-10-20, 17:17

Team Kill Manager is now disabled like I wrote before.
And there are no plans for a buy system currently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will alServers ever host Versus games?   Will alServers ever host Versus games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will alServers ever host Versus games?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1