PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Weapon damage adjustment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Weapon damage adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 15:15

We have installed a plugin to adjust the weapon damage of some underpowered weapons (thanks to Schnösi for finding the plugin).

We have adjusted the following weapons:

Weaponold valuenew value
Pistol (and dual pistol)3550
Sniper Scout90200
Sniper AWP115250
This should improve the slow firing CS sniper weapons.
And the Pistol/Dual Pistol should be more useful now too.

We think the other weapons are balanced quite fine as they are at the moment.

The plugin needed some fixes and I had to find and compile a new left4downtown2 extension too.
I hope it is working now as expected.
Tell me if you see any error or strange behavior which was not there before.
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 15:22

Hello, have you applied this to alserv 2018 ? We where playing on Stargate campaign and the server crashed.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 15:54

Stargate campaign is buggy too.
The map creator forgot to include a stringtable dictionary.
You can see that also when you load the map in the client only:
Code:
#######################################
Map potc1 missing stringtable dictionary, don't ship this way!!!
#######################################

Each map with that problem will crash when a client connects after the map is already running for some time.
Here is some more info about that problem:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the crash you had should be not related to the weapon damage adjustment (I hope at least^^)
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 20:55

I understand, thank you for the explanation. I guess i will remove the Stargate campaign from my PC since is so buggy.
Back to top Go down
Kyoshi | The Last Samurai
Crawling dead
Crawling dead

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 21:47

Is it possible to do the same with other weapons? For example Melee? I've always found it extremley odd that a Bat does the same damage as a Katana and a Machete, for example.. Or a Friyng Pan for that matter...
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 22:09

This plugin can only handle guns.
Here you can see a nice comparison of all weapons against a tank:
There you can see that all melee do the same damage but some are quicker as others.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-22, 01:37

In general melee weapons are important especialy the fast ones (e.g. knife). You can save yourself quickly. For me the best combination for weapons are the folowing: Millitary Sniper with laser, knife, pipe bomb, medkit, pills and left 4 dead 2 minigun (picked up).
Back to top Go down
Crawling dead
Crawling dead

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-22, 12:45

Strange that Katana only brings 15... Hmm
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-22, 13:01

15 seconds to kill tank, not 15 damage
Back to top Go down
Crawling dead
Crawling dead

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-23, 00:15

Ah, well that explains it... lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tron
Running dead
Running dead
Tron

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 12:06

i do not see the difference. or i became quite old... Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 16:13

Hi all at first. This mod is definitely great. AWP now became really nice boss-killer weapon. Actually it's killing now 90% of bosses with 1 shot, except charger of course. Charger need 3 shots.
Back to top Go down
insanehwo
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
insanehwo

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 17:37

nice,very nice. but the AWP does not need it - the gun is already quite powerful. and finally remove the score multiplier for melee - every second noob with a knife turns into a "serious" player Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 18:48

nope. AWP need this adjustment very much. Default damage was like a joke. But i still think differences between AWP and Scout should be more significant. Now both they are killing bosses with 1 shot, but scout has much higher rate of fire. Perhaps 175 for scout and 275 for awp or something else.
Back to top Go down
insanehwo
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
insanehwo

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 20:20

if you're hard to kill boss of two shots - train to shoot more. AWP, M60 and a knife - the most easy to use weapon. I think that it would be nice to remove them all from the buy menu  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-24, 21:44

insanehwo wrote:
if you're hard to kill boss of two shots - train to shoot more. AWP, M60 and a knife - the most easy to use weapon. I think that it would be nice to remove them all from the buy menu  Twisted Evil 
very powerful you say. Well, i see how it is powerful. Even pistols twice as more powerfull and effective  Laughing . Awp and scout crap without this mod.
about M60 - agree. M60 is too powerful and easy to slay bosses
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-25, 18:25

insanehwo wrote:
finally remove the score multiplier for melee - every second noob with a knife turns into a "serious" player Evil or Very Mad 

To be honest I never even cared about these settings in HLstatsX.
Everything is on default there.
I don't know why they set these defaults.

So what it is rest of the community thinking about the point modifiers?
Do you care about the points at all?
Would you like to have others settings there?
Do you know other HLstatsX pages with custom settings?
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-25, 18:32

Kotory wrote:
nope. AWP need this adjustment very much. Default damage was like a joke. But i still think differences between AWP and Scout should be more significant. Now both they are killing bosses with 1 shot, but scout has much higher rate of fire. Perhaps 175 for scout and 275 for awp or something else.

We also think the CS snipers were too weak and the "weapons on tank" statistic proofs that.

175/275 could be an option too.
Or maybe 175/250 (275 could be to powerfull maybe)

The values are not fixed and we surly can discuss and test further adjustments.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-25, 18:36

insanehwo wrote:

I think restricting the buy menu is not a good option.
Adjusting prices could be a better option.

There is also the Realism Server with no buy system at all.
For the more realistic experience^^
Back to top Go down
insanehwo
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
insanehwo

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-25, 20:34

"There is also the Realism Server with no buy system at all.
For the more realistic experience^^"

yeah,but nobody playin' on realism server,lol))  Sad
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-25, 21:25

Well. After few days of killing zombies with AWP i think AWP is ok balanced now.
All bosses dying with 1 shot, except chargers - 3 shots, and jockeys - they need 2 shots mostly. Is there any information about bosses health?

alBert 2000 wrote:

I think restricting the buy menu is not a good option.
Adjusting prices could be a better option.
About prices for m60. It's definitely good idea. It is too easy now to make over 50 points on first map and simply buy devastating weapon. It should be more difficult to get it.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime2014-06-27, 13:43

Kotory wrote:
Is there any information about bosses health?

Special infected health is default currently.
You check the default health on pages like this:

Or you could type in the game console:
Code:
z_exploding_health     (this is the boomer)
z_gas_health    (this is the smoker)
z_hunter_health
z_jockey_health
z_charger_health
z_spitter_health
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon damage adjustment   Weapon damage adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon damage adjustment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1