PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Unwritten ban rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wei Shen
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Wei Shen

Unwritten ban rules Empty
PostSubject: Unwritten ban rules   Unwritten ban rules Icon_minitime2015-09-01, 18:47

Good day to the server admins, I'll get straight to the point, it's about someone with a permanent ban.

Taisa Chan, banned on 08-31-2015.
The reason is: "Eyetest: is suspected of cheating with their eye angles"

I want to know what "eye angle" is exactly.

Before I changed my nickname to Wei Shen, I was suspected of being a cheater (not by an admin) since I went straight into the hangar (I think you call it that way) where a boat was staying and killed the special infected that was hiding there, behind the boat. Whereas I went there just to check for zombies and didn't actually knew that someone was there. And now this "eye angle" which I don't know what it is.

One thing, I can spot special infected a mile away, sometimes this pisses off players since they get killed unexpectedly from afar (a similar behavior of the permanently banned m4matadorloquendo, he too was spotting zombies from afar and killing them). Now I don't want to wake up one day with a ban in my butt just for being vigilant.

Thing is, many players act like there is no danger on the other side of a building wall when there is clearly a special infected there (judging by the sounds they make) nearby waiting for a survivor to pop up (to go outside from a building where a special infected waits for them).
These non-vigilant players, when playing as infected - have the habit of getting angry when you just pop up and kill them, and sometimes suspect of cheating.

Normally I would just keep playing, but this "eye angles" got me worried a bit, I think that this has something to do with the way I play, yet I could be wrong, so I want a detailed explanation of what this is.

Another thing is - third person gaming. Now I never actually used it, yet I saw some people banned for a cheat that can be done during such a gameplay. I want to know what kind of a cheat this is in order to avoid it. (not that I plan to play using 3rd person gaming, but you can never be too careful)

You might think I am trying to be an exemplary gamer, yet this is not the case. I have been banned 3 times for innapropriate language and team killing, I admit, but that's because people were shooting me and/or our teammates, so I was just neutralizing them in order not to shoot us constantly, yet these ******* then report guys like me and we get banned just for retaliating which we cannot prove.

Anyway, these are my questions for today, would really appreciate it if someone do answer them.

Thank you,
Wei Shen
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Unwritten ban rules   Unwritten ban rules Icon_minitime2015-09-01, 19:03

Wei Shen wrote:

Another thing is - third person gaming. Now I never actually used it, yet I saw some people banned for a cheat that can be done during such a gameplay. I want to know what kind of a cheat this is in order to avoid it.

This is 3rd person view. It is considering like cheats cuz
- you can see more
- you can see even behind you
- you can look behind corner while stay in safe position
etc
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Unwritten ban rules   Unwritten ban rules Icon_minitime2015-09-01, 20:50

Hi wei shen,
If Albert use latest updated smac file vith eyetest, and tickrate is good set like others parameters, then never going to be a problem. But if happend to you what you a fraid of, then this going to be global, and smac will ban eweryone if is wrong file or set. For now i see all is good, and baned players did not tink about what rhey dooing.

Btw i play on tablet lousy strategy vith vikings, and hardly wait to return play L4D
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Unwritten ban rules   Unwritten ban rules Icon_minitime2015-09-01, 20:53

SMAC is used to detect cheaters.
See here:
https://bitbucket.org/anticheat/smac/wiki/Home
There you'll find the eye angle explanation too.

Third person is considered as cheating on versus too.
See here for more details:
https://alserv2000.forumotion.com/t533-3-person-thirdpersonshoulder#2457

And cheating simply deserves banning.
There is no written rule necessary for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwritten ban rules   Unwritten ban rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unwritten ban rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1