PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Campaign added: Dark Wood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Campaign added: Dark Wood Empty
PostSubject: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-06, 09:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We did not test it at all.
Maybe today.
Or you could test it and tell us the result here.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-06, 17:12

Tested map 1-3 on alServ2017.
Really fun on realism.
You need flares in the dark woods^^
Maps are quite long but we liked it so far.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-06, 20:04

I normally don't like dark maps, but the first map is the best looking dark L4D2 map I've ever seen. The completely new textures and the sky look very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-06, 22:49

Tested this campaign 10 min ago on 2018. Works perfectly so far.
I'm really impressed. This is one of the most detailed and well done campaign i've ever seen
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 11:06

I have tested the first 2 or 3 maps of Dark Woods with Snakecharmed at 2018 and I've gotta admit that this map has really impressed me. It looks really detailed , it has a nice horror feeling to it with all those trees which make it hard for you to predict the incoming danger.
As I've played with him we haven't encountered any bugs so far. But they can occur at any time^^ even if the map was tested thoroughly.

As for the other one (Fatal Freight ), I will test it today.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2015-09-08, 14:15

Hello,

I tested this map today vith Milan from Serbia, and we are booth impressed vith map. No bugs to report, must say werry hard map, in rank of Millitary industrial komplex II.
I just before play allone Fatal fright, no bugs there too, and must say werry easy map, allways full health me and bots, map is ideal for Versus, if someone find interest to play it there.

BR
m.
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-01, 20:20

Dark Wood (Extended) updated to 1.5.2 (Complete)

Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-02, 13:09

I've updated the campaign.
Please test it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-03, 17:10

Tested, working properly.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-13, 19:32

sadly, map developer yesterday update map again. I may try join to see is it possible to join with new version (date 12.04. 2018)

Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-15, 15:10

Please test it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-15, 15:55

I was just try connect to test it, but seems servers are down.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-04-15, 16:08

I had to update the server OS
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-05-01, 21:29

and guy was update map again. Because was in short period many updates, (each couple days) i was not inform, because was waiting map developer for final update.
After his comment - final update, and some short time, version from 17.04 is last

Server version is from 15th, and was not changed 3 days from that guy, and nobody notice map update, or download that version

Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-05-06, 10:26

Please test it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-05-06, 22:03

map is tested on 2018 and it works. Thank you for updating!
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-10-08, 00:52

Updated version 1.6.3 posted 22 September 2018

Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-10-14, 21:07

I've updated the campaign
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 05:03

Tested on 16, 17, 18, 19, and 21.

I had done some testing on this campaign over a week ago on 16 and 17 to confirm an issue I had suspected for a long time, but it doesn't affect gameplay unless you know the campaign's secrets. On the servers, custom weapons in Dark Wood Extended are not loading. I can spawn them manually on a local server offline, but they don't appear on any of the alServ game servers. This also occurs on 16 (Pure), which has the least number of mods. The weapons don't appear in their designated spawning locations, nor can they be spawned manually. The weapon entities appear to be completely unavailable when the campaign loads on the servers.

Another campaign that has custom weapons on the servers here is Blood Tracks (Bt_Sledge and Bt_nail). Those weapons load fine without issues. Same goes for the custom weapons in the Bloody Moors (b_brokenbottle and b_legbone) which also spawn normally.

I unpacked the VPK files for both Dark Wood Extended and Blood Tracks offline to compare, but because I'm not familiar with server configuration variables, I couldn't find anything abnormal about Dark Wood Extended's custom weapon files that would prevent them from loading here.

For a long time, I wrote off this issue as an incompatibility with an unknown server setting. It's not a very big deal because the campaign runs fine otherwise and that's why I didn't bring up this issue previously.

Still, I wonder if it's possible to pinpoint which server variable is causing the conflict and why it doesn't affect other campaigns with custom weapons. Since this campaign is still being supported by the author, I could see if he would be willing to set up the custom weapons similar to the other campaigns (if possible) in a future update.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 18:53

I think the map creator may have to add a string to mission txt file.
Like in Bloody Moors "l4d2_thebloodymoors.txt":
Code:

"mission"
{
"meleeweapons" "katana;frying_pan;machete;electric_guitar;baseball_bat;knife;crowbar;fireaxe;golfclub;cricket_bat;b_brokenbottle;b_LegBone"
}

Here the b_brokenbottle and the b_LegBone are custom weapons.

So he may have to add something like this to his "darkwood.txt" file in the vpk:

Code:

"mission"
{
"meleeweapons" "katana;frying_pan;machete;electric_guitar;baseball_bat;knife;crowbar;fireaxe;golfclub;cricket_bat;weapon_morgenstern;weapon_shadowhand;weapon_chalice;weapon_sof"
}

Then his 4 custom melee weapons:
Code:

weapon_morgenstern
weapon_shadowhand
weapon_chalice
weapon_sof
should work on the server.

Maybe I could hack something on the server, but the better solution would be when it is added in the campaign itself.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 19:55

I notice that issue with custom weapons was after steam and l4d2 update, not last, maybe 2 or 3 before last. Was not able see Flamethrower anymore in other custom with Easter eggs and custom weapons (cant remember name of map)
That was in period after Albert show attention to DSGVO. Maybe steam update mess server game files, just like i suspect for versus and no mod issue (need test with nosteam version)
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 20:57

The flamethrower is in Day Break and Diescraper Redux. I played Diescraper Redux with Killogy on 18 between 1-2 months ago after it was updated on the server and the flamethrower was working then.

If you played Day Break on GGM, the flamethrower never spawned there because it's GGM.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 21:05

Snakecharmed wrote:
The flamethrower is in Day Break and Diescraper Redux. I played Diescraper Redux with Killogy on 18 between 1-2 months ago after it was updated on the server and the flamethrower was working then.

If you played Day Break on GGM, the flamethrower never spawned there because it's GGM.

Not sure, that mean.. Need test again !
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-17, 09:26

myljach wrote:
Not sure, that mean.. Need test again !

Confirmed, flamethrower still exists in co-op, but not GGM.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime2018-11-18, 10:26

alBert2000 wrote:
Maybe I could hack something on the server, but the better solution would be when it is added in the campaign itself.

I will reach out to the campaign developer and get his feedback. I'll post an update when I hear from him.

One concern I have is the definition of items "allowed to spawn in the campaign" according to Valve's developer guide:

Code:

// A list of melee weapons that are allowed to spawn in the campaign.
// The knife is only available for players with the German version.
"meleeweapons" "electric_guitar;frying_pan;fireaxe;crowbar;cricket_bat;katana;baseball_bat;golfclub;knife"

The four melee weapons in Dark Wood Extended are secret weapons found only in four special locations in the campaign. They should not spawn anywhere else randomly. I wonder if including the entity names in the mission file permits them to spawn anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign added: Dark Wood   Campaign added: Dark Wood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next