PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

L4D2 customization screenshot thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

L4D2 customization screenshot thread Empty
PostSubject: L4D2 customization screenshot thread   L4D2 customization screenshot thread Icon_minitime2016-05-31, 03:33

Ever wonder how the people you play with have customized their game interface? Whether you’re looking for customization ideas or just want to show off what you’re using, let's see what skins and HUD mods everyone is running.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 customization screenshot thread   L4D2 customization screenshot thread Icon_minitime2016-05-31, 03:34

I prefer a mostly stock appearance and I only started customizing this past weekend, but here’s what I have so far.

All add-ons are available on either GameMaps or Steam Workshop. I listed the names of the add-ons in bold text under each screenshot. I had to do some custom VPK modding to make all of the skins and HUD mods work with each other.

[All screens]
Team Health Counter - L4D2, XD001/Omgot New Portrait Icons

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blue Padded Coat Zoey, Nam Vet Bill

Nam Vet Bill, Blue Padded Coat Zoey, Lifesystems Mountain First Aid

Blue Padded Coat Zoey

Blue Padded Coat Zoey, Lifesystems Mountain First Aid
A much brighter and higher resolution first aid kit modeled after the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

EpiPen Adrenaline
Modeled after the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for severe allergic reactions...I guess one could be allergic to zombies.

Target Ibuprofen Pain Pills
Valve modeled the pain pills bottle after the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] label, so this shows the actual label.

Heineken Molotov Cocktail, Detailed Rusty Jerrycans, Propane and Oxygen Tanks
The best part of the Heineken bottle is its environmental reflection, showing the sky on the roof of the hotel in Dead Center here.

Detailed Pipebomb with Animated Lightbulb
This pipebomb has a much higher resolution texture and features a Duracell battery and blinking light.

Sexy Executive Rochelle, Lifepak 15 Defibrillator
The defibrillator body is recolored white and the animated screen is modeled after the actual [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Detailed Rusty Jerrycans, Propane and Oxygen Tanks

Vacation Coach

Sexy Executive Rochelle

L4D1 Rusty Ammo Can Retexture, Sexy Executive Rochelle, Vacation Coach, Lifesystems Mountain First Aid

Eranthis' Healthbars (Incapacitated Graphic Only) - Ellis

Sexy Executive Rochelle Incapacitated Healthbar by Eranthis
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 customization screenshot thread   L4D2 customization screenshot thread Icon_minitime2016-05-31, 22:07

Wery nice Snaky!

must say in hurry and other, when i got nosteam version, i got only one skin. Something vith Rochelle, cant remember name, but you may se this in some of my videos.

Ignore ted2wed2 teamkill, he was allready punished for that, and in that vid is rochelle mod i use it before lol!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 customization screenshot thread   L4D2 customization screenshot thread Icon_minitime2016-06-01, 02:35

A few more:

Lifepak 15 Defibrillator, Vomit Jar (pheromone) Glowing, Detailed Pipebomb with Animated Lightbulb
All of these items can be seen in the dark. There are many different bile jar add-ons, but I don't like the animated ones very much. When do liquids ever swirl on their own when they are left untouched?

Whitaker's Cola (GameMaps), L4D1 Rusty Ammo Can Retexture, Ammo Pile Reskin HD
Coca-Cola and real ammo packs! Also, like the mod author says, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

LaserMax Laser Sights

I'll probably spend a lot more time adding these to my game interface. At some point, I need to just combine all the VPKs I'm using into one VPK for my personal use and have the game load that one VPK to speed up add-on loading times.

This game is now almost seven years old, but the ease of customizing it helps keep it interesting for me. The game mechanics are outdated and the hitboxes are horribly inaccurate, but I'm enjoying giving the textures an HD refresh with some real-world products. I still want to combine a custom Nick skin with the original Nick face model and replace some other items in the game with HD textures. I might not reskin Louis, Francis, or Ellis because I haven't seen any skins for them yet that I really like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L4D2 customization screenshot thread   L4D2 customization screenshot thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L4D2 customization screenshot thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1