PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

connection problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

connection problems Empty
PostSubject: connection problems   connection problems Icon_minitime2017-03-25, 12:38

Hello,

i was asked to help with some player's connection problems.

A friend tell me when he is in game, he send friends request to other steam friends. Most of his friends cant join for some reason.
He try send request, or friends in steam use - join him, but fail.

dont know what may be reason.

Other side is, some my friends cant join, when opened friends play in menu, says im not in joinable game.  This looks like here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this picture say - game not joinable, but players are in coop, and free slots are available from server browser or steam group servers.

So i dont know why for steam says this.

other thing was: one new friend try connect, but got massage: map_loadmodelguys: map with no textinfo, maps/cwm_intro/bsp

We play that moment custom map, so maybe that was issue?

Can be reason from guys from india, who fail connect to alserv servers - country region of game? Best is set up region to all world, if u make it local for your region only because of ping and latency, u are unable to join servers to far from you?

Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: connection problems   connection problems Icon_minitime2017-03-25, 12:59

All countries are allowed to join and there is no latency blocking.

Easy solution is to use "connect IP:PORT" in console.

All that steam join stuff may be bugged because of servers with more than 4 players.
Or maybe some game update is causing that problems.
Would be intersting to know:
- how many players are on the server when others cannot join
- which servers have that problem

maybe someone else could add some details to that problems
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: connection problems   connection problems Icon_minitime2017-03-28, 00:18

The joinable games feature has never worked for me. The only way to join a game invitation by a Steam friend is to use the link that's generated in the Steam private chat window.
Back to top Go down
Enigma
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Enigma

PostSubject: Connection Problem   connection problems Icon_minitime2017-03-28, 11:05

Hey

I play on allserve almost all time so i wanted to invite my friends from my country to play with me but when i send invites they cant join, they cant join through play with friends or by join game besides my name.

First i thought its because i am not admin so i asked myljach if he can make me admin but he told me he is having same issues.

I really want more people from my country and my time zone to play on this server and these guys are gamers who have real good friends list .if they like allserve ,allserve will never be empty.

Advice or anything will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: connection problems   connection problems Icon_minitime2017-03-28, 20:16

Hello,

here is multiple ways to connect in game to play.

1) Best way - server browser. Give player in game menu additional option, to see all serwer from world. There easy may find alserv, play and ad it in favorites ( server browser got favorites) It is possible to manually ad server IP in server browser favorites.
When you are in game, all needed is open server browser-favorites and see all aserv servers, and how much players are in server.

Workshop link:

gamemaps link for no-steam players

Looks like here:

2) u may use connecting by open console via tilda button, and there say IP of server - connect IP:81.169.228.209:27018 - for exsample, but i guess u will must explain that to friends, and may be 1st time to comlicated.

3) When u are in game, u may sellect in friends steam list friend , Right click, and sellect - invite in game. Or, friend may sellect you via steam and sellect JOIN.
Here is maybe some conflicts, if steam sellect or game region is not set up for all world, because of good ping, that steam may decline connection if steam think server is to far from client.

Thats it! I suggest server browser! Easy, extra menu only for connections!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: connection problems   connection problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

connection problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1