PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Campaign Request: White Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

Campaign Request: White Forest Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-08-27, 18:48

hello,

can you please add this custom map to servers? Thank you in advance!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009159427/
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-02, 13:19

bump
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-09, 11:23

installed on 16/17/18/19/21
Back to top Go down
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
Killogy

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-11, 10:01

We are tested this campaign on gungamemod server and is working properly.

See ya.
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-22, 20:33

Tested on 18, infinite tank conflict with double tank plugin on map 2.

Tested on 19, no issues.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-27, 17:43

Thanks for testing.
I'll have a look at 18.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-09-27, 18:51

alBert2000 wrote:
Thanks for testing.
I'll have a look at 18.

Same thing like with Farewell Chenming. Modification of tank on custom map is in conflict with 2 tank plugin. Works with hulk tank in ggm, or supertank in 2019. My opinion is ignore or delete from 2018 that custom map. Who want play, may use other servers
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 06:27

I did some more research on the MultiTanks plugin. The MultiTanks plugin developer warned that infinite tanks appear on maps when the tank is scripted to load before the survivors leave the safe zone.

I have a theory that the only reason why a map developer would do this is if the tank is scripted to appear at a specific location in the map. However, I don't believe this is the only way to load scripted tanks. Otherwise, this would also happen in the Sacrifice map 1.

In White Forest, the tank is scripted to appear at a specific location in the caves. Also, in the Bloody Moors map 1, a tank is scripted to appear behind the door in the abandoned house. In Farewell Chenming map 3, it's scripted to appear in the dojo.

I have seen the infinite tank conflict occur in other maps, but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. Some other issue may be responsible for that happening like in the finale of Suicide Blitz after playing the Easter egg (unless an extra tank spawn is part of the Easter egg). I have also seen this before with the second set of tanks in the finale of Swamp Fever before Virgil arrives, but that time, the tanks were not infinite. There were only something like 10-12 of them instead of the normal amount. Laughing

But yes, I agree that White Forest should probably be removed from 18 because the tank spawn location is in a narrow corridor in the mines early in map 2 where you have virtually no chance to make it to the saferoom.

Fun fact: If I understood the plugin correctly, then technically, the tank spawn isn't infinite. It's capped at 65535 (216 - 1) tanks, but who has time for that?
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 16:38

I've created a map config file for wfp2_horn map (second map of White Forest campaign) which should disable the multitank feature only for that map.
On the other maps in that campaign multitank stays enabled.

I've also disabled it right now for msdnew_tccity_newway map (third map of Farewell Chenming campaign).

Multitank was already disabled for all maps in the Bloody Moors campaign.

So please have a try if the endless tank problem is now fixed in that maps.
And please tell me if I should disable multitank plugin on other maps too.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 17:12

Thanks for your hard work alBert. I will try to test these campaigns this weekend.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 18:26

alBert2000 wrote:
I've also disabled it right now for msdnew_tccity_newway map (third map of Farewell Chenming campaign).

Thanks

Just test it, in msdnew_tccity_newway i kill in beginning of map 8 tanks, in one moment was 4 in same time, spawn by 2
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 18:38

I've used the same config as for Bloody Moors.
So when it is not working I have no idea at the moment.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 19:25

alBert2000 wrote:
I've used the same config as for Bloody Moors.
So when it is not working I have no idea at the moment.

i just try wfp2_horn, and same issue

I think problem is in custom SKIN of tank, from custom map developer. In white forrest or farewell chenming all tanks use custom skin moddel, where tank wear tshirt. Is not location spawn problem, because in msdnew_tccity_newway   map, tank was infinite in 90 % in 75 % progress map - when player enter in japanese gym (dojo), but today tank spawn in 1st 25% of map, when u jump from broken highway.

white forrest - yellow tanks

farewell chenming
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 21:07

If MultiTanks is successfully disabled on those maps, then it shouldn't matter what the tank customization is. If they are still spawning infinitely, then that suggests MultiTanks is not (entirely) responsible for the infinite tank spawn.

I think the Suicide Blitz finale tanks are also skinned, but there's uncertainty with them. Three tanks spawn in either the second wave of the finale or the escape, which becomes six when doubled. I haven't played that campaign in a long time so I don't remember the details clearly, and I've never stuck around long enough to find out if there were more than six tanks active at once.
Back to top Go down
myljach
Running dead
Running dead
myljach

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-16, 21:28

Snakecharmed wrote:
If MultiTanks is successfully disabled on those maps, then it shouldn't matter what the tank customization is. If they are still spawning infinitely, then that suggests MultiTanks is not (entirely) responsible for the infinite tank spawn.

I think the Suicide Blitz finale tanks are also skinned, but there's uncertainty with them. Three tanks spawn in either the second wave of the finale or the escape, which becomes six when doubled. I haven't played that campaign in a long time so I don't remember the details clearly, and I've never stuck around long enough to find out if there were more than six tanks active at once.

Let Albert tell if im wrong, but all that maps work normal in other servers, for example, 2019, and difference between 2018 and 2019 is - one have supertank (no infinite), and other have 2 tanks (and infinite), i dont see other customization, or recognize unique sourcemod plugins in 2018 different from 2019
Back to top Go down
Snakecharmed
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Snakecharmed

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime2018-11-17, 02:05

I also tested map 2 of White Forest and the tanks still keep coming.

It might be that MultiTanks isn't completely disabled. Could there be additional properties, variables, or plugins that need to be disabled in the map config file?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Request: White Forest    Campaign Request: White Forest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Request: White Forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1