PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Empty
PostSubject: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-11-05, 16:24

I got a PM about players acting rude and try to kick you, when you join one of our servers.
Very often it is because they came from a Steam Lobby.

I'll try to explain the situation:

The players you may meet on our servers may come from a Steam Lobby.
In the Steam Lobby they have selected a private game and e.g. a custom map like "Redemption".
When our server is empty, Steam may connect them to our server because it was empty and had the requested map installed.
Our servers unreserve the Lobby then so that anybody can connect.
But the Steam Lobby players still think the server is private because they selected that in the Lobby.
These players did not use "connect [IP]" to connect to one of our servers.
Like I said they just get assigned to our server automatically because our server was empty and had the map which they selected in Steam Lobby.

As far as I know there is no solution to configure the server so that they would not get assigned to our server with a private game (which will be not private anymore on our servers).

If that happens, report the incident and the players (steam_ids) on our forum (not as PM please).
Then any admin can have a look and add a little ban for those players.

To get immunity for votekick see here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Some of you may already have immunity because I've added some regular players when testing that feature in the past.
Back to top Go down
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-11-15, 17:30

Steam Lobbys are mostly from a group of peoples, they want play only together (friends). Well i would do same, if some randoms join they not on my steam list. but our servers are vor all. So the rouls should be tollerated, that means play together or if you dont like look for a other server Smile
Back to top Go down
SickLow
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
SickLow

PostSubject: Report   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-11, 18:18

Hello,

since it is my first post in forum, thank you very much for this awesome servers.

So regarding the topic unfriendly players i want to report a guy:

A Player called Adlip (10.12.2014 & 11.12.2014, 17:55 MEZ)

Actually i made screenshots but they seem to be lost...
So i dont have the steam id at the moment, and more bad i dont have screenshots with insults ...

The 3 players wonna just play together:

rathory150
Adlip
KampfkoloSS

So yesterday i connected, and got immediately vote banned by them...

Today they were playing again and i connected and directly told them I would report them when kicking me again...

They just vote kicked me this time... I reconnected, just made (i thought at least via f12) screenshots of steam id and the insults by Adlip...

So Adlip is obviously a nazi (i am german myself) due he insulted me as a dirty jewish guy and stuff like that (in german ofc), you should be able to see in log (still hope to "find" the screenshots...)

Actually it was both time about 3 players: rahtory159, KampfkoloSS (SS= may nazi too?) and Adlip

BUT i gotta admit... after telling them all the stuff only adlip kept trying to kick me (his mates didnt vote anymore) and still insulted me via voice then.
Rathory and KampfkoloSS would have been ok when i would have played with them...

I hope someone can take care of "adlip" because this guy is ruining this server...

BTW found screenshots:

Adlip : Steam-ID: Steam_1:1:40317837

Will put in the screenshots with Steam-Id, and some with the insults in german and a try of him kicking me again

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

insult translations:
"Du kannst mal mein Schwanz lutschen du dreckiger jude" means "You can suck my dick you dirty jewish"
"verpiss dich du Hallenser" = "Piss of (not sure what hallenser is about?)"

Btw: Thank you very much in advance for handling this request, since i can guess you would have also better stuff to do....
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-11, 19:41

Thanks for the info.
"Adlip" is banned now.
Back to top Go down
SickLow
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
SickLow

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-11, 19:52

np and i gotta thank you Very Happy

due i think it can`t be said enough and I waited too long for it also I gotta repeat thx for this awesome servers and you are doing a real awesome job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-22, 18:50

Yeah, also happened to me too 2 days ago. I joined to Alserv2019 and one of them said that the group is full and he asked me to leave. I refuse and all of them started to attack me via friendly fire. Shocked I banned 2 of them because of it, but the 2 of them left the server before I could have taken any action. Mad
Anway it seems we will eventually run into the likes of these someday, we can't avoid it unfortunately. Rolling Eyes I didn't bann them permanently, because I think they didn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Kotory
Running dead
Running dead
Kotory

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-22, 20:03

Unfortunately this kind of shit happens periodically =/ since i have vote kick immunity they can't kick me, but attacking via bile, molotov constantly.
Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-23, 12:36

A more stealthy approach to this is to have access to a server console-ish, basically your would be like in the "matrix" but that way admins could ban players without them seeing you connected.

Urban Terror has such a console, i can join and kick bad player in-game or do it via the server console.

Does L4D(2) has such a console Albert ?
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-23, 14:33

creationn wrote:
A more stealthy approach to this is to have access to a server console-ish, basically your would be like in the "matrix" but that way admins could ban players without them seeing you connected.

Urban Terror has such a console, i can join and kick bad player in-game or do it via the server console.

Does L4D(2) has such a console Albert ?

You mean a program like Rcon for Call of Duty games? I was an admin once for a server and we could take screenshots via through it to see who's cheating and could bann, kick someone without joining the server.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-23, 20:58

There is an RCON console available too. It is protected and I use it only for server administration like managing plugins und versions etc.

Admins can use the SourceBans website to kick or ban players without connecting to the server (via right-click menu on the player names in SourceBans server list).

Back to top Go down
creationn
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
creationn

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-24, 16:51

alBert2000 wrote:

I see. That`s OK too, have you tried HLSW ? is it compatible with L4D2 ? One just adds the server address and his rcon password.

@VIVONX, whats the name of that program ?
Back to top Go down
VIVONX
Running dead
Running dead
VIVONX

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime2014-12-25, 11:05

creationn wrote:

@VIVONX, whats the name of that program ?
It's called "Rcon" too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby   Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unfriendly players from Steam Lobby
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1