PortalHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Sadly the root server hardware is broken again and the servers will be closed now. More info here.

Votekick abuse on Versus server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

Votekick abuse on Versus server Empty
PostSubject: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 08:45

There are far too many votekicks happening on the Versus server without any explanation in the chat.
So it seems that players are just kicked without any proper reason.
If there is a problem with a player, warn him in chat and tell him what he is doing wrong. Give them a chance to improve.

I'll watch the server log from time to time to see who is starting the votekick.
If I see multiple votekicks without reason or warning in the chat, I will ban the player who started the votekick.

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2015-01-07, 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 10:18

Just remember the votekick is abused in general on this game without a reason. Espesially on Versus (If you are looking for an official 4vs4) or scavenge. Alot of people getting kicked without an explenation and they abandoned the game because of some morons. I was looking for a scavenge game to get the achievements and i got kicked from 2 games without a reason and i say f* it, i go play something else.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 10:33

I was thinking about converting two servers (1013 and 2016) to some kind of steam group exclusive servers for steam players only.
They would have only very few plugins which do not modify the game too much and 4 players only.
They should be as "Pure" as possible.
These servers could then be used for multiple game modes to get achievements.
And resident players would be immune to kick too.

Not sure when I find some time to start with that.
Would need some testing with steam server key and lobby creation on that servers etc.
Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 11:52

There are not that much players playing on realism so... okay. About multiple game types... is there any plugin to select game type from a chat command (for the player who connect from the ip and not from steam lobby)? For exaple we can type /gt or /gametype and a panel would show up for realism, coop, survival, vesrus, scavenge etc. But the sever should be up to 8 slots for versus or scavenge games. It won't effect my experiece at all since i play on 27018 and 27019. I say go for it.
Back to top Go down
ggregory678
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
ggregory678

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 12:44

Only 4 players - great idea. Game is named Left "4" Dead 2, not Left "10" Dead 2. I totally approve this.
All I would need on such servers is !csm and !buy plugins + a lot of custom campaigns, nothimg more. Other plugins (and too much players) are ruining the gameplay (at least for me).
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103673085/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 14:11

With 4 players I just meant that it will be the games default setting (so 8 for Versus etc.).

I think there are some plugins available on sourcemod to switch the gametype.
But my thinking was to handle that via lobby.
Connecting to an empty server via IP will not be possible for steam group exclusive servers.
If I understood that correctly you specify the game type etc in lobby and you specify a certain key to connect to exactly that server with your lobby.
Then when the game is running others are allowed to join via IP.
Or something like that.
There are some cvars to configure that but I've never used them till now.

Plugins like csm (or flare, or gear transfer, or incap crawling, etc) will be available.
But not the buy system. That would give the players a huge advantage and to compensate that more zombies would be needed etc. Then we would have just another coop server with 4 players only.
Like I said the idea is to keep everything as "Pure" as possible.
So you could also experience all custom campaigns in the original difficulty set by the campaign creator.

I'm also not a big fan of too many slots.
We started with 8 but many voted for at least 10.
With such many slots the team is always split in at least 2 groups.
The original idea of staying together is ignored.
Some of my best rounds I've played with only few players.
It is much more intense with less players.

Like I said it is currently just an idea and all the details will follow later.

But the servers could be named something like that:
alServ1013 Pure
alServ2016 Pure

Back to top Go down
Nestor
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nestor

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 15:06

I was thinking and something else... how about to make the Versus server Steam only? Think about that. At the moment you ban the troll, he's changing the steam id and boom there he is again... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-01-07, 16:37

Nestor wrote:
I was thinking and something else... how about to make the Versus server Steam only? Think about that. At the moment you ban the troll, he's changing the steam id and boom there he is again... Twisted Evil

This is what I'll do when I see anyone cheating with SteamID.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-04-29, 20:36

Masterkiller and patty are continsly spam votekick in server 2022 versus
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-04-30, 06:19

Nightmare wrote:
Ok.
Because they already got shorter bans for votekick abuse before, they are permanently banned now.
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 12:20

alBert2000 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Ok.
Because they already got shorter bans for votekick abuse before, they are permanently banned now.

I won't reply to personal messages about these kind of topics.

GRAND MASTER seems to be another one abusing votekick often.
Back to top Go down
scarehaddock
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
scarehaddock

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 13:44

then I will remain banned forever, please I want to play on your server.I promise not to spend more.Give me another chance.
pd: i am masterkiller
Back to top Go down
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead
alBert2000

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 14:28

I've removed the bans for votekick abuse.

Also I've disabled votekick via votemanager2 for players who don't have votekick immunity.
That means if you have votekick immunity, you can use votekick.

Our resident players can ask for votekick immunity as described here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scarehaddock
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
scarehaddock

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 14:37

albert many thanks, I've learned from my mistake: D
Back to top Go down
scarehaddock
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
scarehaddock

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 14:39

Back to top Go down
scarehaddock
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
scarehaddock

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 15:11

Back to top Go down
Nightmare
Crawling dead
Crawling dead
Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime2015-05-01, 19:14

I have spoken with one of them, and looks like they dont wanted to do it with bad intentions, however is not fun when you get kicked because they only want to play with their spanish friends, they can ask for a slot at least.

In any case thanks albert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votekick abuse on Versus server   Votekick abuse on Versus server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Votekick abuse on Versus server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1